Locations: Birmingham, Hastings, Leeds and London - We adopt a flexible approach between remote and office-based working
Are you interested in learning new technologies and how to use them to solve problems?
Would you like to communicate technical issues to non-technical stakeholders with confidence?
Would you consider yourself passionate about technology with an enthusiasm for engaging people?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for two new team members to be part of DfT's digital and data evolution. As an entry-level architect, you will join a talented, supportive, cross-discipline architecture team imagining and shaping the delivery of next generation digital and technology services. You will have the opportunity to learn how to design robust, flexible architectural solutions supporting DfT's innovative transport policy agenda. As DfT becomes a cloud-only enterprise, you will learn the latest technologies and how to design solutions to that solve problems.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
* Learning how to design architectural patterns and solutions to deliver great transport outcomes to the citizen.
* Learning to develop your architectural thinking and use it to advise the organisation to meet their objectives.
* Collaborating with the business partnering team to assess new organisational demand determining scale, scope and complexity
* In projects, translating user needs into technical user stories and supporting the design of digital solutions that are optimised for the future.
* Assessing new developments and making recommendations if required.
To be successful in this role you will be a team player, focused and passionate about technology. You will be self-motivated, capable of prioritising work, leading projects and working across the wider team to create a harmonious environment, focused on the technological development of the Department.
You do not have to have a technical background, but be passionate at learning new technologies and how to apply then to the needs of the department, the transport sector and citizens. You will have an analytical mindset, a keen eye for detail and the ability to think proactively to find solutions to problem areas