Sales Engineer; Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire; £25-30K depending upon experience
One of the UK and Europe's leading manufacturers of precision metal and engineered components supplying into very diverse industry sectors with a blue chip client base is recruiting. People are the core of everything they do, and as such they focus on recruiting people with the right attitude, flexibility and enthusiasm.
They have an outstanding opportunity for a Sales Engineer to join their Machined components division.
As a Sales Engineer, you will work in partnership with the sales team, developing sales across a number of sectors and technologies. You will also provide Sales Support to the Field Sales Team, assisting them with the preparation of quotes and product information. The role involves taking an individual component or multi part project from initial customer drawings and planning all aspects of its manufacture e.g. Tooling and subcontract process identification, material requisitions whilst considering factory work loading.
Primary Responsibilities of the Trainee Internal Sales Engineer:
* Responding verbally or in writing, to all customer enquiries
* Evaluate each enquiry technically and commercially in order to offer the correct manufacturing process
* Monitoring the Quotation Process in conjunction with other departments
* Investigating costs with the purchasing department
* Prompt follow up of enquiries to maximise order intake
* Providing Support for the External Sales force and supplying up to date information.
* Assisting with Customer Visits, both internal and external
As part of a dynamic and innovative team, you will need to be able to regularly identify opportunities and instigate improvements to working practices. You should be IT literate and have a proactive approach to your work. A full training programme will be given to the right candidate.
Successful candidates should:
* Be competent in reading engineering drawings
* Will have a solid background in engineering and have good communication skills
* The ability to work closely with the engineering teams and our clients to ensure efficient and cost-effective manufacturing and on time delivery of all parts.
* Have initiative & make decisions at the appropriate level
* Ability to communicate at all levels and balance high workload, whilst maintaining tight deadlines
* Have the ability to take ownership of tasks and be responsible for your own work
* Ideally have a knowledge of CNC Machining - such as Milling or Turning
For full details of our current vacancies please visit the Intro Personnel website...
Please note that due to high volumes of response we are unable to answer to all applicants, if you have not been contacted within a week of your application it has regrettably been unsuccessful