GIS Technical Specialist
£52,000 - £59,000 + Large Company Benefits
We have an immediate requirement for a specialist in Geographic Information Systems to implement and then manage the collation of data for electricity substation locations and their relation to car parks / train stations / shopping centres / educations establishments, hospitals, etc.
You will be:
* Georeferencing and digitising map data
* Creating maps/drawings for reports and strategy decision making
* Capturing, managing and analysing data in GIS from multiple sources and in a variety of formats
* Preparation and maintenance of data in ArcGIS Online Environments
* Working with the rest of the team to deliver projects to tight deadlines and budgets
* Adhering to QA process and standard for data management and drawing outputs
* Produce maps for projects which include land, leases, wayleaves and environmental information
* Work with constraints analysis along with querying and filtering relevant data.
* Develop and maintain interactive web and mapping applications.
You will be an experienced GIS specialist with the essential skills to future-proof the business with renewable energy solutions. You will also have:
* Degree level or equivalent qualification or post graduate GIS diploma
* Strong experience in a similar field of creating maps and visual data for projects.
* Excellent computer skills with proficiency in MS office. excel, power point etc.
* Expert in GIS packages including ArcGIS Online
* Experience of AutoCAD, is also advantageous
* Experience creating RoS (Registers of Scotland) or HM Land Registry compliant plans preferred
Your capabilities will include:
· Clear, concise communication skills.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
· Ability to identify, analyse and resolve problems.
· A high level of organisation and professionalism.
· Experience of working in the utility industry, preferably in a service delivery environment.
· Prior experience or knowledge of utilizing technology for process efficiencies.
· Experience in a client facing role.
To apply please contact Gareth Bone at Shorterm Group or apply online