We are looking for Mechanical Engineers (Senior and Principal level) to work on the design,
development and qualification of key platform mechanical systems on our submarine programme -
You will work as part of a programme team responsible for the design, development and qualification
including interfaces with other systems. The complex nature of the product may see you being involved
in a wide range of activities. The stages of the life cycle you will be involved with are maintaining design
intent through the product life cycle, change management and configuration control, resolving build and
commissioning issues. You will work with our supply chain and submarine delivery programme partners
to support our customer, the UK Royal Navy
We are seeking degree-qualified mechanical engineers with experience on one or more of the following
• Pressurised Air & Gas - high/medium/low pressure compressed air systems, nitrogen and
oxygen systems, emergency breathing air systems.
• Hydraulics - hydraulic actuation and control systems including main and external hydraulics,
steering and hydroplane control.
• Atmosphere Control - air purification, oxygen generation systems, scrubbing systems,
atmosphere control and air particle detection, ship and battery ventilation.
• Cooling - sea-water, chilled water, fresh water cooling systems, stores refrigeration.
• Domestics - desalination plants, hot & cold water services, liquid and solid waste management,
bilge and drainage systems.
• Diesel Generators - auxiliary power generation, exhaust systems, seawater cooling, snort
induction and ventilation exhaust.
• Survival, Life Support and Fire-fighting Systems - spray and water mists systems, automatic
fire-fighting systems and equipment, abandonment and emergency escape equipment and
Your main responsibilities as a Mechanical Engineer will involve:
• Executing, evaluating, delivering and managing complex engineering and/or cross functional
tasks or programmes of work, recognising stakeholder and customer requirements
• Engineering verification and validation activities
• Providing engineering evidence and assurance to ensure customer requirements have been
• Contributing to the identification and rapid closure of issues emerging from all product lifecycle
stages and to manage the resulting change embodiment activities
• Providing engineering advice and capability to support submarine acceptance, build, test and
Degree level qualification (or equivalent experience) in relevant STEM subject (Engineering/
Physics/ Maths/ Science)
Chartered engineer, experience in balancing complex design requirements and managing
complex documentation packs