Southern Education Recruitment are looking for a Specialist Tutor to start immediately, this role will be ideal if you are a newly qualified Teacher, Teaching Assistant, SEN one to one or have any experience working with children and are looking for a role with flexibility.
The home tutor role will be based in Canterbury working 2 days a week, if you are looking for a full-time role there is an opportunity to work 3 days a week at an alternative provision in Sittingbourne.
Your role as a home tutor will be to work 1:1 with a secondary aged student who has Social Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties (SEMH), the student is a Looked After Child (LAC) and requires more emotional support rather than academic at this stage. You will also need to support the social development of young people within the school, of many whom struggle with low confidence and self esteem or engaging in social situations.
You will be paid a daily rate of £70 - £85 dependant on experience/qualifications - TBC at interview.
The benefits of working with Southern Education Recruitment:
* A dedicated consultant to discuss current or future roles with you
* Competitive daily rate based on experience/job role
* Holiday pay in addition to daily rate
* Access to CPD online courses at discounted rates
Please send your CV to register your interest for this position. All candidates will be subject to the necessary vetting and background checks. Relevant qualifications and experience will be highly beneficial, yet it will be your ability to build relationships and increase pupil attainment and sense of worth that will make you a success.
All candidates must:
* Be able to commit to working the hours specified above.
* Provide an enhanced DBS registered on the update service. If you do not hold a valid DBS be willing to apply for a new DBS. The cost of a DBS is a one-off payment of £40 with an annual subscription of £13 per year to the DBS Update Service.
* If you have been a UK resident for less than 5 years, a right to work visa must be provided and a criminal background check certificate must be provided for any country resided in for 6 months or more within the past 5 years.
* Provide all required documentation (ID, Qualifications)