We are currently recruiting for a Senior Paralegal to join our Clinical Negligence team in Bath.
The ideal candidate will provide an important link between the client and the firm, having responsibility for aspects of file management, under supervision. They will be self supporting and keen to progress within the Clinical Negligence sphere. The main aspect of this role will be to assist Paul Rumley with a high value case load and it comes with the potential to run your own cases.
Personalised Client Service
• Undertake fee earning tasks to assist with running of a caseload under the supervision and management of qualified lawyers and carry out simple, routine tasks
• Draft legal documents using appropriate precedents and templates which address all relevant legal and factual issues and accurately reflect the client's instructions
• Undertake effective legal research, using appropriate methods and sourcing, presenting the results accurately and clearly
• Highlight and escalate any issues to qualified lawyers
• Providing excellent client service at all times and adhere to the firms Client Experience (CX) principles
• Learn firm policies and business processes, ensuring compliance particularly with regards to confidentiality, security data protection and file retention and destruction requirements
• Check to ensure all work complies with risk management policies and procedures, in particular concerning file opening processes and anti-money laundering. Audit files with the department to ensure files comply with risk management policies and procedures
• All administrative duties associated with this role
• Support fee earners to prepare for BD & marketing activities
• Attend RWK BD events where appropriate
• Take an active part in promoting the firm through Social media channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook
• Update the CRM system to input data and manage the client information through the system including adding contact details, referrals and new clients. Act as a super user for the system
• Begin to build business relationships with 3rd parties under supervision (e.g agents, referrers, experts), responding to enquiries and building a good rapport
* Previous experience in Clinical Negligence - Essential
* Legal qualifications (LLB or CILEx) - Desirable
* Previous experience within a legal support or administrative role- Desirable
* Excellent organisation capability with the ability to effectively prioritise -Essential
* Solid understanding of Microsoft Office suite and other relevant IT platforms- Essential
* Strong written communication skills - Essential
* Demonstrate a good understanding of client relationship management - Essential
* Ability to undertake basic legal work under supervision and use initiative where required - Essential
We are a progressive UK Top 100 law firm known for our commercial, private client, clinical negligence and personal injury work.
Our firm has 450 people with offices in Bath, Oxford, London, Swindon and Marlborough.
At Royds Withy King, people come first. Our brand is built around being 'Ahead of the Curve'. By this we mean always trying to put ourselves in our clients' shoes, looking ahead to the future, anticipating their needs and coming up with solutions.
We also pride ourselves on providing a brilliant place to work. We recognise that investing in our people and their career is the only way we can succeed in achieving what is best for our clients. Our friendly, accessible and supportive culture is incredibly important to us and we are continually looking at new ways to nurture and enhance it. Our people tell us that this is a firm with a flat structure, where everyone has a voice and everyone's opinions matter.
Over a number of years, we have developed a robust and transparent framework which shows you exactly what you need to achieve in order to grow your career at the firm. This isn't just about hitting KPIs.
The framework helps you to understand how your contribution and behaviours are woven together to create the basis for your progression in the firm. From Secretary to Partner, you can see exactly what is expected of you along the way