A well-established company, specialising in providing comprehensive logistics solutions for the management of aerospace components worldwide, is looking to recruit an IT Support Technician to be based at offices in the Heathrow area.
* A competitive salary, up to £34k, in line with skills and experience
* The opportunity to join an award winning and expanding logistics company
* The chance to be part of an intuitive and supportive team, where career development is encouraged.
Main Purpose of the Role:
To provide an all-round in-house IT support resource to the global offices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible for the day-to-day provision of high quality IT services to offices globally.
* Communication with staff in all global locations.
* Attend meetings as required to provide IT input and gain knowledge of the business and staff requirements.
* Develop and maintain a high-level knowledge of all internal systems and how these interact with each other
* Connecting and setting up hardware (desktops, laptops, tablets, mobiles phones etc)..
* Troubleshooting and resolving software and hardware issues including PC's, laptops, tablets, and mobiles.
* Application support of MS Office 365 (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio), and SharePoint, One Drive for Business and Teams.
* Support users by providing basic training on systems and processes, especially for new staff or after implementation of upgrades.
* Supporting and troubleshooting telecom issues (mobile phones, landlines (SIP/VOIP), phone systems & internet connections) and liaising with telecom providers & ISPs to resolve issues.
* Support of CargoWise freight management system.
* Production and maintenance of end user instructions & user guides, and Internal department setup/installation guides.
* Maintain a current and accurate inventory of hardware, software, and licenses.
* Management of IT Helpdesk Tickets - log and complete tickets based on priority.
To Be Considered:
* Proven experience in an IT support technician role.
* Experience of the freight industry and CargoWise tools would be advantageous.
* Installing Windows 10 and 11 operating system and setting up user profiles.
* Basic active directory (AD) administration knowledge (adding users/password reset).
* Connecting and setting up computers and printers/MFDs to the network.
* Setting up and installing software on workstations, laptops, tablets, and mobile phones.
* Microsoft Office application support (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
* Office 365 (Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint, and User) online administration.
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and OS issues in a Windows PC environment.
* Basic understanding of networking.
* Ability to work with people at all levels within the company.
* Be available to handle occasional out of hours calls in the event of system failure or to perform maintenance that cannot occur during standard business hours.
* Must also be able to work in a busy environment and able to use their own experience and initiative to resolve issues.
* Excellent communication skills both verbally and in written English is essential.
For more details, please contact Willis Global - Experts in Recruiting