Our client is a Chemical Manufacturer looking to bring in a Mechanical Project Technician. Successful candidates will be responsible for: Installation of mechanical equipment site wide for projects and modifications; Inspection and testing of mechanical equipment and assets both statutory and non- statutory in line with appropriate standards; Provide support to the maintenance team during planned maintenance projects / asset replacement and major plant breakdowns.
* To work safely and in compliance with all Health Safety and Environmental procedures and guidelines
* Installation and commissioning of mechanical plant and equipment to current standards.
* Inspection and testing of all PSSR equipment, non-statutory equipment such as storage tanks, pipe lines, drains and structures.
* Monitoring the engineering stores, stock levels for projects, reporting any items for re-order.
* The control/supervision of contractors working on projects, as and when required.
* Liaise with the project team members regarding resource, timescales, installation plans, equipment, spares etc.
* Ensure the PLANET maintenance database is updated following project work or maintenance support activities.
* Provide support to the maintenance team during planned maintenance projects / asset replacement and major plant breakdowns.
* Understanding of engineering drawings
* Pneumatics systems & logic knowledge
* Perform engineering tasks to appropriate health, safety, environmental & quality standards, including some supervisory duties when required.
* Basic MS Office skills
* See engineering competency matrix for full list
* Supervisory responsibilities
* Use a computer based maintenance system (PLANET)
* Provide written records of engineering work undertaken.
* Undertake training where required for new site technologies.
Qualifications & Experience:
* NVQ Level 3 or equivalent trade apprenticeship
* Coded welder (stainless steel and carbon steel)
* Mechanical COMPEX EX 11
* Minimum 3 years post apprenticeship experience in an industrial environment as a fitter/fabricator
* To have been operating within an industrial mechanical environment within the last 2 to 3 years