PE Global are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to work on a 12 month contract for a leading Manufacturing company based in Peterborough
• The Mechanical Engineer will Perform analysis of machine & engine data to develop technical objectives, identify system level risks and identify & resolve product issues.
• Support the creation and maintenance of System FMEA's, and facilitate the creation of system & component validation plans (DVP - Design Verification Plan) for dynamometer & machine.
• Work with component teams, test engineers, product managers & customers, to make decisions making from engine data reviews and end of test inspections.
• Collaborate to investigate system level trade-offs including performance, packaging & durability. This will be achieved using a combination of engineering hand calculations, simulation results and test data.
• Undertake machine integration application risk assessments, working collaboratively with our customers.
• Take results from DVP & translate into product capability statements, and application sign-off requirements.
• Engineering degree or similar
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Experience of industrial diesel engine applications, construction machinery or generating sets
• Experience of Proactive Reliability, and demonstration of Product Quality
• 6 Sigma Methodology and Continuous Process Improvement
• Experience of planning validation and test requirements
• Experience of DFMEA facilitation and creation Experience of Root Cause Analysis, and issue investigation techniques
• Experience of Root Cause Analysis, and issue investigation techniques
If interested in applying to this job opportunity, please don't hesitate to call +44 (phone number removed) or alternatively send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
***Please note our client cannot assist with any visa sponsorship and candidates must have the correct visa to live and work in UK***
Although it is not possible for us to respond to all applications, we at PE Global will do our upmost to give you feedback on your application. You have sent your Cv into us as a company and even though you have sent your CV to a particular position, we are making the reasonable assumption that you are active on the job market and as part of our normal recruitment service we will discuss other suitable positions with you. You are free to opt out of this so please specify in your application to us if you just want to be contacted in relation to a specific vacancy. Your Cv is sent to a central recruitment inbox which a number of people in the applicable PE Global division have access to and so this means that you might not be contacted by the named person in this advert