Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
We are looking for an individual to own an exciting study into Effects Optimisation. You will be coordinating a multi-disciplined team to experiment with tomorrow's users and demonstrate the possibilities for our future Mission Information Systems.What are we looking for?
What's in it for you?
- An imaginative person capable of conceiving novel tools and techniques to get maximum performance from our existing and future weapon systems
- Excellent communication skills to give clear ways forward and impart essential information to management, customers, suppliers and other partners
- Knowledge of working relationships with UK MOD and an understanding of their issues related to; operational capabilities, the future environment, threats, concepts and doctrine
- Good knowledge of weapon systems including competitors and threat systems
- There is opportunity for the successful applicant to inform the vision to deliver future Mission Information Systems
- Exposure to many areas of the business including across Engineering, Sales and Business Development, Future Systems, and Strategy.
- A chance to shape and influence the MBDA Effects Management Strategy internationally
- Lead, develop and promulgate the Vision for Effects Optimisation across MBDA UK
- Develop a strategy for delivering Effects Optimisation solutions
- Lead and win bids for further work on Effects Optimisation/Management
- Own the technical management of an Effects Optimisation Enabler project
- Act as a prime interface to customers for Effects Optimisation business
- Provide briefings, presentations and demonstrations as appropriate to inform UK MOD Stakeholders what MBDA could offer in the Effects Optimisation space
- Identify, negotiate with and handle external suppliers to deliver value for money contributions into the UK Portfolio from contract letting through to delivery acceptance
- Establish and develop relationships internally and externally to form an Effects Optimisation community
Join a great team!
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
- A company-wide Effects Management community is emerging within MBDA UK and across MBDA Group, this team is shaping the future of the MBDA Business beyond our traditional Weapon Systems.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.