£Competitive + excellent company benefitsJob Introduction
It's a really exciting time to join the Reach family. Express.co.uk, the website of the Daily and Sunday Express, is one of the world's Top 10 English language news sites with more than 100 million monthly users and is growing fast. Now we're expanding our City & Business coverage and we're looking for an experienced finance writer to join our dynamic digital team.
If you live and breathe finance, from global economics and currencies to the latest business and company news, this could be the opportunity for you. The successful candidate will help shape our financial coverage and be responsible for bringing City news to life, delivering compelling, high quality, original content, driving audience numbers and delivering higher engagement and loyalty. So, who are we?
We are Reach Plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland's most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human.
Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too. This role has the ability to be flexible, we are open to candidates that are looking for a full or part time role. This role is home based linked to our Canary Wharf Hub. We are therefore open to candidates based in and around the London area. Key Responsibilities What will the role involve?
The Ideal Candidate Who are we looking for?
- Write distinctive and engaging financial commentary and analysis for Express.co.uk
- Be a self-starter and pitch strong ideas for finance across print and digital
- Have a strong knowledge of social media and an ability to use it to increase our readership
- Ability to generate new exclusive ideas for the finance department
- This role includes weekend working, this will typically involve 1 weekend in every 4
Package Description What can we offer you?
- NCTJ or equivalent journalism degree and knowledge of media law
- Demonstrable interest in economics, from the latest GDP figures and the gold price to stock market movements and business news, currency fluctuations and the commodities exchanges - a real passion for finance and turning raw data and dry financial information into stories that matter to ordinary people
- Experience in digital and a commitment to growing our digital audience
- Knowledge and experience of SEO
- Able to work to strict deadlines
- Able to compile a newslist containing engaging city and finance stories on a daily basis
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
- Help saving for your retirement - join our pension scheme and we'll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days' holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years' service with Reach, you'll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day - an additional day's leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave - including maternity, paternity and adoption - and you'll be eligible after just six months' employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan - free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK's top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone's invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support - including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities - you'll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels