- Energy Project Finance, Gas Infrastructure, Wind, Solar, New Energies
- Global Corporate & Investment Bank. London
About Our ClientExciting opportunity for a Director Renewables Debt Advisory, Europe with a leading European Corporate & Investment Bank, LondonDepartment Overview:
The position is within the London-based team of the Global Energy Project Advisory ("EPA"
) business of the Bank.
EPA is the energy sector's in-house debt advisory product. EPA has become increasingly prominent in the market, expanding into renewables and new energy technologies. EPA's primary focus nowadays is on the Bank's network and with core clients. The global team comprises of professionals based in Europe, London, Singapore and New York.
EPA has been responsible within the Bank for project finance advisory services since its inception on a global basis. Engagement of a debt advisor typically requires a minimum scale and/or complexity, which drives our business towards gas infrastructure (such as gas pipelines, gas processing plants, LNG terminals and storage), gas-to-power, on- and offshore wind, large scale solar and certain new energy transition technologies like carbon capture, batteries and hydrogen.
In line with the energy transition, EPA is increasingly focusing on the renewable energy sector and new energy transition technologies.
Job DescriptionMain Duties and Responsibilities of Role:
The role will include the following tasks:
- Lead and being a driving force for the origination of new debt advisory transactions in the renewables sector;
- Overseeing a range of more complex renewables debt advisory projects with regular interaction with clients, banks, debt funds, lawyers, advisors, and others;
- Involvement in all stages of the financing process including direct exposure to C-level management and involvement in strategic discussions;
- Leading the preparation of pitch material and presentation for new renewables advisory mandates;
- Leading the deal team executing the selection of lenders' independent consultants, reviewing and commenting on lenders' consultants' due diligence reports and managing interfaces between lenders' independent consultants and clients' technical, commercial and financial teams;
- Leading in preparation of Preliminary Information Memorandum and other documentation for prospective lenders;
- Being the senior debt professional in the deal team and lead deal execution; and
- Pro-actively collaborate with other teams within the bank, e.g. M&A, Energy Sector Teams and Financial Markets.;
The Successful ApplicantExciting opportunity for a Director Renewables Debt Advisory, Europe with a leading European Corporate & Investment Bank, LondonThe candidate:
- The successful candidate will have worked in a bank in a renewables sector focused project finance advisory (and lending) team, for at least ten years.
- Proven track record in debt advisory in the renewables sector, focus on Europe.
- In-depth understanding of the regulatory and subsidy regimes in established markets, focus on Europe.
- Well established client base in the European renewables sector.
- Strong interest and track record in the renewables Energy sector.
- The successful candidate will be expected to travel frequently; and
- Fluent in English (strong writing skills are a must) and possibly in another European language.
- University degree and ability to work in an international environment.
What's on Offer
The package will be competitive
ContactTara BagleyQuote job refJN-112021-4536420 Job summary Function CFO & Financial Management Subsector CFO & Financial Management Subsector Industry Financial Services Location London Contract type Permanent Consultant name Tara Bagley Job reference JN-112021-4536420 Stay signed in?
Get the best experience with faster job applications and easy access to your CV and profile.
This is not recommended for shared devices.
Do not show me again