Our IT teams are committed to meeting the businesss evolving needs for high-quality technology solutions we have a long tradition of developing our own software. We have maturing software in need of an architectural review, and green-field software projects needing architectural design.
We are looking for an experienced solution architect to work across our product teams.This role can be based at either of our Amersham, Birmingham, Bristol, Cheltenham, Glasgow, Leeds or London offices so please specify your preference when applying.Responsibilities
As our first specialist architect you will need to gain an understanding of how all parts of our IT estate work together in order to guide and support our product teams with the sustainable delivery of quality products and services.
You will need to document and explain software architectures and design options for builds and integrations to non-technical stakeholders.
You will be a mentor to highly-technical software and infrastructure engineers seeking to progress into technical architecture roles.
You will report to Head of IT. This is a leadership position.
Responsibilities will include:-
- Building and integrating systems to meet business needs.
- Assessing existing system architectures and working with technical staff to recommend improvements.
- Assessing the business impact that the available technical choices have and making recommendations on technology choices.
- Designing, understanding, documenting and communicating system architectures to internal stakeholders and external clients.
- Working with technical staff on legacy systems to develop and support upgrade and migration plans.
- Providing supervision and guidance to development teams around technology architecture and system integration.
- Researching technology choices and proposing necessary changes.
- Mentoring software developers to progress into software architecture roles.
- Resolving technical problems as they arise.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as may be reasonably required from time to time as necessary to achieve the objectives of the business in delivering technology solutions.
What's in it for you?Core & Flexible Benefits:
- Degree level qualification in information technology, software engineering, computer science, or related field.
- Proven experience in engineering and software architecture design in a commercial environment.
- Extensive knowledge of technology choices on the Microsoft Stack on premise and Azure.
- Project management and teamwork skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain technical information in layman's terms.
- Inspirational mentor for highly skilled, technical individuals.
- The ability to provide superb customer service and to be positive.
- Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and processes
Giving Something Back:
- Competitive discretionary annual bonus
- Core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year with holiday trading
- A generous pension scheme where we contribute 8% of your salary from day one of your employment
- Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family through any concerns or challenges you may experience
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your life stage and lifestyle including a tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover or life assurance to family members, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including supermarkets, fitness centres, travel and leisure companies
- Fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks provided free of charge in all of our offices
- 1 paid volunteering day per year as a commitment to our Corporate Social Investment
- Support your favourite charity with the "Give as You Earn" option
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
- Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one. We recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
: our values are PRINCIPLED, RESPECT, QUALITY AND PARTNERSHIP - they are important to us and we want them to be important to you as well.Wellbeing
: employee wellbeing has always been important to us and our approach is to create an environment where individuals will be engaged at work, successful in what they do and able to achieve their full potential, benefiting both their self and the business. BW offer a great range of employee benefits as we believe it's important individuals are supported in making choices which are flexible enough to meet their needs and help support their wellness.Diversity
: we are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where people from all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives can thrive, feel welcome and develop to their full potential. Our recruitment processes are designed to be fair and consistent and enable candidates to compete on a level playing field.Your progression: w
e offer career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development to provide you with the tools and skills to thrive. We also offer study support for relevant professional or skills qualifications.Other activities
: we have clubs, sporting events, social, cultural and belief groups across our offices if youd like to join in and meet like-minded people.