Job Description: Job Title:
Cash Equities Attorney LOB:
Legal Corporate Title:
Vice President - Assistant General Counsel Location:
An opportunity has become available for a Cash Equities Attorney to join the wider Legal line of business based in London. The successful candidate will provide support to the Cash Equities business on day-to-day matters and project work and provide broader support to Equities Line of Business on regulatory reform and implementation and to other Lines of Business, such as Corporate Broking and Investment Banking, when they are conducting sales and trading activity. Responsibilities:
- Negotiation of contractual documents with internal/external parties, including Commission Sharing Agreements or similar, Direct Market Access Agreements, Electronic Trading Agreements, market infrastructure agreements (including trading platforms and clearing), General Terms & Conditions of Business ("GTACs") and buyback agreements
- Advice to business on regulatory and legal matters including best execution, commission sharing, client assets, market conduct, licensing, trade and transaction reporting and inducements
- Provision of internal advice on contractual provisions and adherence to internal bank policy and procedures
- Coordinating/contributing to Equities Legal response to various regulatory consultations. Advising Equities LOB on implementation and impact of regulatory reform
- Working with Equity Capital Markets, Investment Banking and Corporate Broking on matters affecting Equities Sales & Trading such as negative trade and hedging restrictions on IPOs and rights issues, stake-builds and sales and buybacks
- Legal input on new product development, internal restructurings and other project related matters
- Regular liaison with regulatory/compliance/risk/business control/litigation teams
- A qualified lawyer, ideally with some experience in regulatory and cash equities matters
- Negotiating GTACs, Commission Sharing Agreements or similar, Electronic Trading Agreements, Direct Market Access Agreements and dealing with general queries related to such agreements;
- Assisting in the implementation of regulatory/legislative requirements and developments;
- General legal day-to-day business support
- Any in-house experience would be helpful
- General regulatory experience is highly desirable
Bank of America
Every day, across the globe, our employees bring a commitment to our purpose and to driving responsible growth by living our values: deliver together, act responsibly, realize the power of our people and trust the team. A key aspect of driving responsible growth is doing so in a sustainable manner, a critical pillar of which is being a great place to work for our teammates.
In line with these values, in EMEA we have 9 Employee Networks, a wide range of Sports & Social clubs, and other development and networking opportunities so that you can enjoy a range of experiences and connect with colleagues across the bank. We also offer exclusive discounts to some of the most iconic cultural experiences for you to enjoy in your spare time outside of work. Learn more about our benefits here.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements. As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.