Job Description: Job Title: Quantitative Services Data Science Professional Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President Location: Chester Role Description:
The Quantitative Services Data Science team develops solutions to improve operational processes at Bank of America. Qualified individuals should have experience developing predictive or optimization models and the ability to work with business partners to define and execute the appropriate problem solving strategy that will result in meaningful impact.
The right candidate for the role has a demonstrated track record of successful projects seeing the modelling and deployment efforts through to completion.
This team values the intellectually curious individual that enjoys learning from their teammates as well as sharing what they have learned from others and through their own exploration. The Team:
The Quantitative Services Data Science team develops solutions to improve operational processes at Bank of America. Qualified individuals should have experience developing decision support models and the ability to work with business partners to define and execute the appropriate problem solving strategy that will result in meaningful impact. The right candidate understands when models should be developed and deployed versus other types of Process Automation that the QS team could offer and demonstrates an ability to develop systems that may incorporate human-in-the-loop or other techniques to lower model risk. Responsibilities:
- The candidate is expected to work closely with the business analysts, business partners and other technology partners to gather requirements and successfully build, test and document machine learning solutions.
- Work with stakeholders to understand the problem statement and propose the appropriate solution.
- Use proprietary and open source Python libraries for developing supervised, unsupervised, and deep learning based solutions.
- Actively participate in all aspects of the model development and monitoring lifecycles.
- Produce rapid prototypes to explore viable use cases for full model development routines.
- Conduct business and statistical analysis on bank owned data.
- Develop effective business solutions based on business needs.
- Prepare model document for the solutions you develop.
Bank of America:
- Master's degree or higher in Computer Science, Data Science, Operations Research, Mathematics, Financial Engineering, Economics or related quantitative field
- Minimum of 2 years of Python programming experience.
- Experience building a variety of machine learning, statistical, or optimization models, including hyper parameter tuning, sensitivity analysis, model performance and accuracy evaluation, and incorporation of models into production processes.
- Strong technical background with proven experience working in an Agile software development lifecycle.
- Experience with both SQL and noSQL database technologies
Every day, across the globe, our employees bring a commitment to our purpose and to driving responsible growth by living our values: deliver together, act responsibly, realize the power of our people and trust the team. A key aspect of driving responsible growth is doing so in a sustainable manner, a critical pillar of which is being a great place to work for our teammates.
In line with these values, in EMEA we have 9 Employee Networks, a wide range of Sports & Social clubs, and other development and networking opportunities so that you can enjoy a range of experiences and connect with colleagues across the bank. We also offer exclusive discounts to some of the most iconic cultural experiences for you to enjoy in your spare time outside of work. Learn more about our benefits here.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements. As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.