Job Description: Job Title:
Counterparty Credit Risk Manager LOB:
Global Markets & Financial Risk Corporate Title:
Vice President Location:
Here in our London office we are looking to recruit for a Counterparty Credit Risk Manager within Global Markets & Financial Risk team. The position is required to support the additional credit risk analysis for limit exceptions and transactions requiring approval. The role requires confident corporate credit risk skills, and familiarity with distressed borrowers across various sectors and geographic regions. In addition, this individual would assist with preparation, analysis and commentary for various Issuer Risk reporting/slides.Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
Issuer Risk Management:
- Risk manager of the Issuer Risk portfolio in EMEA
- Monitoring and investigation of daily exceptions by line of business, and follow-up with traders on any excesses. Perform fundamental credit analysis and assess trading strategies for any limit exceptions
- Monitor the EMEA portfolio, looking at concentration risks, country risk, trends, etc; as well as single name issuer risk
- Issuer risk contributions to various regulatory, senior risk management committees, and ad hoc presentations/dashboards
- Interact on a regular basis with the Global Markets Trading desks (including Credit, Special Situations/Distressed, Govt bond trading, Short end trading, etc.) as part of the role as Issuer Risk manager, as well as reviewing transactions. Provide recommendation for approvals and write-ups/rationales for limit exceptions
- 'User' representative for enhancements/improvements for the issuer reporting system (MRX).Understand downstream feeds to other credit risk systems in the context of approving more complex non-standard transactions.
The EMEA Issuer Risk team is a specialized Credit Risk group within Global Markets and Financial Risk (GMFR). The team is responsible for risk management of issuer (trading securities) exposure and limits; and covers credit trading businesses, bonds and loan trading, special situations/distressed, emerging markets, traded products, real estate and shipping structures, as well as analysis for structured financing transactions as well as credit risk analysis of distressed and emerging market counterparties for derivatives or loan origination transactions.
The position entails assisting in risk managing of the EMEA issuer risk portfolio, with an emphasis on initial credit analysis on various structured transactions and single issuer credits, particularly within Distressed and Emerging Market loan trading.
The role involves interaction with various areas across the bank and other regions, including the Global Markets trading businesses, as well as other support areas (e.g. compliance, legal, operations, finance, etc.) and Risk team members in the US/Asia. The associate will have the opportunity to gain experience in traded products, as well as expanding their credit risk skills to the Credit trading businesses (e.g. securities trading, CDS, loan trading, etc). The role also provides a broader enterprise and legal entity perspective as a risk manager for Issuer Risk (i.e. secondary trading securities). Core Skills:
- Minimum of a Bachelors' Degree (or equivalent), with preferred majors in Business, Finance or Accounting, but not necessary if work experience in the relevant competencies
- Basic understanding of credit markets and fixed income securities (e.g. bonds, loans, CDS)
- Experience in performing credit analysis (formal credit-training preferred but not required depending on experience)
- Understanding of corporate Credit Risk
- Broad understanding of other risks including, reputational, compliance, and regulatory
- Comfortable working with systems (e.g. Bloomberg, risk systems, etc)
- Confident interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a high-pressured and fast pace environment, dealing with multiple things at one time
- Team player, self-starter and intellectually curious
- Highly proficient in Excel (models, pivots, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ideally, the successful candidate will have some knowledge and / or experience within Issuer/Credit and Market Risk Management
- Understand the Bank's policies and procedures to manage risk and mitigate losses
- Evaluate/monitor the asset quality of the issuer risk portfolio/individual issuers/borrowers in accordance with the company's risk frameworkEvaluate market risk sensitivity of the portfolio in accordance with the bank's risk framework, including price risk, basis risk, option risk and market liquidity risk, etc.
Bank of America
Every day, across the globe, our employees bring a commitment to our purpose and to driving responsible growth by living our values: deliver together, act responsibly, realize the power of our people and trust the team. A key aspect of driving responsible growth is doing so in a sustainable manner, a critical pillar of which is being a great place to work for our teammates.
In line with these values, in EMEA we have 9 Employee Networks, a wide range of Sports & Social clubs, and other development and networking opportunities so that you can enjoy a range of experiences and connect with colleagues across the bank. We also offer exclusive discounts to some of the most iconic cultural experiences for you to enjoy in your spare time outside of work. Learn more about our benefits here.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements. As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.