Job Title: Malware Prevention Analyst
Corporate Title: Vice President
The Malware Prevention Team's aim is to reduce risk across the Bank of America by using existing or establishing robust cyber-hacking and malicious code containment activities for the security, safeguarding, continuity and confidentiality of information of Bank of America.
Role Responsibilities :
The role of the Malware Prevention Analyst is that of completing incident response activity whose primary focus is malware.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Analyzing various malware samples
• Tracking espionage actors and their infrastructure
• Forensic based analysis
• Memory analysis
• Risk management
• High level of direct experience of analyzing malware
• Must have a solid understanding of dynamic/static analysis of malware
• Background in network traffic analysis
• Experience in encryption/obfuscation and how to reverse it is desired, but not required
• GCIH, GREM, GCFA or CISSP is desired, but not required
• Able to work independently on tasks, but also work well within a team environment
• Can create innovative ways to track progression of malware families, infrastructure and campaigns conducted by espionage actors
• Knowledge of networking protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPs, FTP, IRC etc
• Ability to create scripts
• Excellent communication skills and able to adapt to the audience
Bank of America:
Every day, across the globe, our employees bring a commitment to our purpose and to driving responsible growth by living our values: deliver together, act responsibly, realize the power of our people and trust the team. A key aspect of driving responsible growth is doing so in a sustainable manner, a critical pillar of which is being a great place to work for our teammates.
In line with these values, in EMEA we have 9 Employee Networks, a wide range of Sports & Social clubs, and other development and networking opportunities so that you can enjoy a range of experiences and connect with colleagues across the bank. We also offer exclusive discounts to some of the most iconic cultural experiences for you to enjoy in your spare time outside of work. Learn more about our benefits here.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements. As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.