BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
UX Consulting Summer Intern (Undergraduate Programme)
Programme dates: 20th June - 9th September
Base location: Gloucester
Here at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we are committed to helping governments, organisations and society navigate digital threats and opportunities. Whether it's leveraging data to digitally transform operations or securing organisations and nations from cyber threats, we combine our unrivalled security and engineering heritage to help our clients navigate the data-reliant digital landscape.
As the cyber and intelligence arm of BAE Systems, we employ over 3,500 people across 15 countries in North America, APAC, Europe and the Middle East. With our distinguished heritage, we relish the opportunity to transform digital and data practices, defence, intelligence, security and society for government agencies, law enforcement, financial services, and critical infrastructure.
The Summer Internship programme aims to provide an environment that supports the acquisition of knowledge and experience from industry best practices and importantly, provide roles allowing the application of that understanding through practical experience in day-to-day roles. Role Profile
With a strong understanding of best practices and methodologies, UX Consultants are the primary end-user advocates who produce online experiences that engage even the most discerning audiences. They are research and data enthusiasts who consume large amounts of information and distil it into simple yet engaging and useful digital products and services to serve a wide variety of online experiences.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is a fast paced and agile business. The more you put into your role the more you will get out, building lasting professional relationships. You will be part of our Future Talent Community and be provided with a Career Mentor, who will support and guide you throughout your career with us. It is not all work and no play, the Future Talent community regularly run social events and activities for all to get involved with.
As a UX Consultant, responsibilities might include:
What are we looking for?
- Conduct user research and requirements gathering, task and concept modelling, information architecture and UX design, and concept/usability testing.
- Design interactions using an iterative process, based on evidence from deep customer insight, and gathered through interviews, studies, analytics, usability testing and more.
- Create user experience specifications, personas, user journeys, wireframes, design patterns, interactive prototypes and information architecture assets such as site maps, screen flows and navigation models that demonstrate empathy with users.
- Work collaboratively with strategy, business analyst, visual design and technical development teams
- Communicate design rationale, project progress and proactively contribute to ongoing improvements and enhancements of our methodologies.
- Knowledge of accessibility compliance, SEO, social, personalisation, responsive design, assisted digital, search, ecommerce and online customer service
- Good understanding and use of software such as Google Analytics, Adobe Test & Target
- Proficiency in relevant software packages Sketch, Framer, Just in Mind, Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Good general understanding of web technologies
- You will need to be on track for a 2:2 or above, with at least 1 year remaining on your course
- Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK can be considered for a position within BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government Security Clearance, prior to starting with us: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/united-kingdom-security-vetting
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Articulate, both verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Objective and logical with an enquiring and creative mind
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Resilience under pressure
- Desire to learn
- Competence in Microsoft Office packages/ IT literate
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we're working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.