Your new company
Hays Legal are delighted to represent a nation-wide, well-established transport company in their search for a Project Support Officer to join their Legal and Governance team. In this excellent opportunity, you will be reporting directly to the senior company lawyer. Your new role
This role will involve assisting and supporting the Legal & Governance Team in managing the delivery of legal advice in relation to Capital Projects and associated workstreams. Key duties include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Work closely with in house solicitors to assist with document management in connection with capital projects.
- Monitor and report upon legal spend (to budget) and the time attributed to each member of the internal Legal Team highlighting any discrepancies and assisting with resolutions.
- Ensure compliance with records management and company policy, including implementing implement procedures and maintaining records management systems, coordinating governance to confidential data.
- Liaison with internal teams and external suppliers/stakeholders to collate information and address queries as well as preparing written responses to enquiries.
- Create and compile Legal & Governance and associated working group documentation including agendas and minute- taking.
- Liaise with marketing department to progress templates and communication pieces for the provision of legal advice and updates.
To be a successful candidate, you will need at least 1 year of experience in administering projects or legal instructions. Other requirements include:
What you'll get in return
- You will have experience in dealing with confidential information and complying with GDPR including the ability to manage culturally and commercially sensitive information.
- You will have awareness of the monitoring and control of allocated resources, associated revenue and all capital costs against a project budget.
- You will have fantastic communication skills and the ability to work well within a team environment, as well as dealing with all stakeholders with discretion.
- A keen eye for detail is also essential.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary and fantastic benefits including and excellent pension. You will also finish work at 2pm on Fridays!What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.