A permanent Management Accountant job paying £30-45k for an excellent business based in Worcestershire.
£30,000-£45,000 per annum
Mon-Thurs (8-5) and Fri (8-2)Your new company
Hays Senior Finance are delighted to be supporting a reputable business based in Worcestershire with the recruitment of a Management Accountant on a permanent basis.Your new role
Reporting into the Group Financial Controller, you will provide support to key stakeholders within the business through managing financial performance of the business and the management/statutory accounts.
What you'll need to succeed
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for sign off by Group FC/CFO
- Business partner with all areas of the business to provide comprehensive financial support including month-end reporting
- Effective communication and investigation of business performance and results
- Provide insightful analysis to assist in business decision making
- Ensure all balance sheet control accounts are reconciled in a timely manner
- Play a lead role in the production of budgets, forecasts, cash flows and statutory accounts
- Manage the process of monitoring systems and process compliance across the business
- Recommend improvements to financial control systems
- Monitor the financial and reporting systems and ensure group accounts comply with latest accounting standards
- Carry out financial modelling to investigate or challenge business initiatives
- Support the Group FC in monitoring and improving the treasury, forex management, profits and tax positions of businesses in the group
What you'll get in return
- Qualified or part-qualified Accountant working towards formal qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) - QBEs may be considered providing relevant experience can be demonstrated
- Good working knowledge of month-end accounting processes and procedures
- Ability to business partner with key stakeholders and influence the decision-making process
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to analyse data and get behind it to add value
- Strong Excel skills (Pivot Tables, VLookUps etc.)
- Familiarisation with accounting and payroll packages (Exchequer/Iris preferable)
In return, you will receive a salary of up to £45,000 per annum (depending on experience and qualification) and the opportunity to make a real impact within a leading organisation that offers great stability. Additional benefits include study support (if applicable), 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays), contributory pension and potential bonus scheme based on company performance. You'll also benefit from an early finish on a Friday plus enrolment onto a flexible working scheme after 6 months. The role is fully office-based during probation but there is an opportunity to move to a hybrid working structure (3 days in the office, 2 days WFH) upon successful completion.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.