Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently partnering with this market leading SME in Warwick, in search of a Senior Accountant. In this growing finance team, there is a requirement for a proactive, organised and personable Accountant to work closely with the Head of Finance. You will also support the coordination of work with other departments in the wider company.
The role is challenging and varied and needs a confident, self-motivated person with great organisational skills and attention to detail. Reporting into the Head of Finance, this is a 360 role, managing the full finance process for a portfolio of clients. You will produce management accounts, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports, cash flow, preparation of accounts for audit, as well as assisting the wider business with year-end work, and compile VAT returns and EC Sales Lists.
You will ideally be a qualified accountant or finalist (ACCA / ACA), but QBE will also be considered. You will be personable, well presented and have an excellent working knowledge of accounting software and Microsoft office (particularly Excel).
Your duties as a Senior Accountant include:
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers.
- Coaching, guidance, support and development of the team.
- Ensure that new procedures, systems and policies are implemented.
- Ensure that the client work is appropriately distributed across the team.
- Full responsibility for the accounting and reporting on a portfolio of clients.
- Month, quarter and year end close.
- Monitor and control cash position including controlling payments.
- VAT and reporting.
- Full balance sheet support and reconciliation.
- Production/review annual Financial statements and Corporation Tax return.
- Manage the year end statutory accounts/audit process via external accountant/auditor.
What's On Offer?
- Excellent knowledge of management accounting, management and financial reporting.
- Experience of financial statements and Corporation Tax returns/calculations.
- Solid understanding of the audit process.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and a customer-driven attitude.
- High work standards, including excellent attention to detail and strong prioritisation skills.
- Ability to deal confidently with demanding situations, people and requirements.
- Flexible and adaptive approach to work.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage own workload.
- A team player, but also able to work under own initiative.
- Salary C £40,000 - £45,000
- 10% Bonus
- 25 days holiday (+ 8 Statutory)
- Hybrid working (2 days in the office)
- Flexible hours
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a market-leading brand
- A positive and down-to-earth culture