David Ross Education Trust is now recruiting for a Financial Accountant.
This role could be your next career opportunity. About the role
To provide effective financial accounting and control across the Trust, including balance sheet control, cash flow management, regulatory and external reporting, tax compliance (excluding employment taxes) as well as development of internal control policies and procedures and financial risk management.
The Trust places significant importance on strong financial management within each academy and across the network. This post will play a key role in this, working with both finance staff in the central team and non-finance staff across all the Trust's academies.
Full time (37 hours per week) - Permanent role Salary & Benefits
Who we are looking for
- £48,000-£53,000pa FTE
- Access to generous defined benefit Local Government Pension Scheme
- 30 days annual leave plus statutory holidays
- Regional networks of Trust colleagues and access to key leaders in Education
- Commitment to employee Health and Wellbeing including dedicated Employee Assistance Programme
- Rewards and Recognition Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- On-site parking
About The David Ross Education Trust
- Must be CCAB qualified
- Be able to deliver high quality output to tight deadlines
- Ability to lead the year end process and prepare the statutory accounts
- A good working knowledge of VAT in the public sector
- Effective communication skills and be able to influence outcomes
- Demonstratable knowledge of accounting principles, standards and procedures
- Experience of statutory audit
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills particularly excel.
- Energetic, self-motivated and an inspirational mentor for junior colleagues
The David Ross Education Trust (DRET) mission is to give every child attending one of our schools a world-class education.
Broadening the horizons of young people by inspiring students to become their confident, academic best via an education that creates academically gifted, confident, well-rounded young people in the classroom, in the workplace and in their communities.
Whatever your role you will contribute towards creating a rich and exciting learning environment that also offers our students an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment.
Our aim is to be the country's top-performing multi-academy trust in the country. Recognised as a nationwide system leader, the Trust runs 34 schools across the country, ranging from small rural primaries to much larger secondary schools in urban areas, our first All Through school and a special school which caters for pupils aged 2-19 who have a diverse range of special educational needs.
We are incredibly lucky to be able to work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the David Ross Foundation's vision to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them. Apply now
To complete our on-line application form, please click on 'apply now'. Early applications are advised. We receive high numbers of applications for our roles and therefore have to close the vacancy prior to the closing date in order to review candidates' details against our job criteria before shortlisting or re-opening the vacancy.
An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.
The David Ross Education Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
It is our objective to ensure that job applicants and staff are treated solely on the basis of their merits, abilities and potential. We do not discriminate against any applicants on the basis of any protected characteristics.