Financial Controller£55 - 65K + bonusOffice based - Warrington
This company is in an American-owned UK bases company. It has a sustained growth period and is due to hit record turnover levels this financial year.
The role of Financial Controller will be an addition to an exciting and developing company as it continues to grow, and support the wider EU business with growth opportunities.
Based in the UK office (Warrington), the Financial Controller is an integral part of the European finance team. Reporting to the European Finance Director, they will support the UK Business with the management of accounts, local spending analysis, accounts receivable and payable whist providing support for budgeting and forecasting processes. Main Duties:
- Oversee the day to day running of the finance department.
- Full ownership of the month end process and working to tight deadlines.
- Prepare monthly management accounts together with relevant variance and ad hoc analysis to tight deadlines.
- Ensure balance sheet is fully reconciled with accurate and relevant working papers.
- Support the EU Finance Director with trend analysis, financial forecasting, and budget setting.
- Work with the EU Financial Director to review and implement financial governance and controls to instil strong control environment.
- Oversee the processing of the accounts receivable and payable, with responsibility for timely cash collections and accurate of accounts payable, and actively manage financial assistant.
- Oversee the processing of monthly VAT, EC Sales and Intrastat submissions, as well as auditing and reviewing the monthly payroll (outsourced).
- Ensure HMRC business taxes portal is reconciled and up to date.
- Actively manage cash flow on a daily basis, and responsible for cash collections.
- Support the business with continuous improvement initiatives on controls and procedures.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported.
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure smooth running of year end statutory audit.
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies.
- Minimum 5 years' PQE accountant.
- CIMA/ ACCA/ ACA qualified accountant.
- Manufacturing background highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to influence at all levels.
- Deadline driven with excellent time management and attention to detail
- A seasoned leader with demonstrated strength in project management.
- Experience in developing internal control processes for a growing business.
- A positive attitude to work, with good problem solving skills will succeed in this role.