A large London Market insurer is looking for an experienced Finance Business Partner to join the team as an interim Divisional Controller to cover a maternity leave. In this role you will partner with the Chief Underwriting Officers of the Casualty and A&H business units in the management and monitoring of all aspects of the financial performance. In this role you will monitor the accuracy and completeness of the class-specific Profit & Loss (P&L) and Balance Sheet that contribute to the wider legal entity financials for Lloyd's Syndicate and Company papers.
- Support the FD and Head of Division with the monitoring and review of business class specific P&L and balance sheet accounts of the Lloyd's Syndicate and Company papers.
- Prepare budgeted financial and performance analysis for both the Syndicate Business Forecast (SBF) and annual GAAP budget.
- Monitor class specific business performance through the analysis of actual and forecast against budget, whilst making recommendations to the CUO as to any changes or enhancements to business practices.
- Work with the Global Business Controller(s) to provide London class specific financial reporting to Group and prepare detailed responses to any queries relating to London and European business.
- Support the Head of Divisional Control and FD in ensuring that the company and Syndicate meet Group reporting deadlines.
- Collaborate with MI and IT teams, in the development of financial reports, identify enhanced reporting capabilities that meets the needs of the CUO's, the business unit and the wider Company position.
To be considered for this role you should have significant experience in the Lloyd's/London Insurance market in a commercial role. An analytical approach and a good understanding of key drivers of underwriting performance is required. A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) is preferred but not essential.