An opportunity to make a difference and join the NHS, one of largest employers and leading healthcare systems in the world.
Cumbria and North Lancashire Shared Procurement Service have an exciting opportunity for an Integrated Procurement Manager (IPM), working across University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Trust (UHMB) and North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust (NCIC). We are located close to areas of outstanding natural beauty, with the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales within easy reach, with office locations in the historic cities of Lancaster and Carlisle, the industrial towns of Barrow-in-Furness and Whitehaven, as well as the market town of Kendal.
We are looking for an IPM who is confident in engaging with stakeholders at all levels including Executives, and driven to provide the best experience for our customers. Our managers are aligned to a Care Group, our current vacancy is within the Non-Clinical Care Group. The IPM will work with key non-clinical stakeholders to ensure patient needs and outcomes are fully met across a range of areas including: Estates, Facilities, IT, and Digital. The IPM will manage the Care Group facing team to ensure goods and services are purchased in line our key procurement procedures, and we purchase the right products at exceptional value for money.
If you have a passion for procurement with exceptional team management / people skills, and desire to make a difference, we want to hear from you. The role will involve:
- To lead on the proactive procurement of goods, services and works, ensuring that a cost effective procurement work programme is developed and maintained to help achieve the Trust's Cost Improvement Targets.
- To establish / identify and lead key strategic / complex projects and allocate projects to Lead Buyers, being responsible for delivering against agreed timescales and outcomes for a specified Care Group across UHMB and NCIC.
- Manage and develop the buying teams to ensure key priorities against key performance indicators including cost improvement identification, engagement and delivery, contract renewals, catalogue renewals, and team dynamics and performance.
- Leading a range of procurement projects including planning and selection strategies; tendering and award decisions, and creating a training environment and process for empowering staff to develop these skills though appropriate mechanisms.
Skills and qualifications:
- Lead the formulation and delivery of an integrated cost reduction work-plan for the specified Care Group working with the PMO and Care Group management team.
- Provide on-going advice and support to team members across the Integrated Procurement Team ensuring that a robust system of development review/appraisal is in place, which leads to the production of an annual Personal Development Plan for staff.
We are passionate about our people to develop and unleash potential whether it is one day courses or CIPS qualifications. We are looking for new colleagues who are self-motivated and who have a real enthusiasm for procurement. Ideally we are looking for people who are:
- A proven manager with an ability to flourish in a demanding environment.
- MCIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply) qualified.
- Have significant knowledge and experience of tendering requirements, ideally within the both the public and private sector to ensure a rounded experience.
- Experience of leading and negotiating high value and complex procurement projects and project management and bringing colleagues with them on the change journey.
- Have proven negotiation skills, influential and assertive with tact and diplomacy. Can demonstrate a track record of change within procurement and work with people of all levels and skill sets.
- Highly organised with the ability to manage a team and deal with conflicting priorities.
- Can demonstrate resilience, and have a flexible attitude to deliver within a dynamic and changing work environment.
- Microsoft 365 and Excel skills.
A full job description and person specification is available on request.
For further details regarding this vacancy please contact:
Kathryn Howarth, Integrated Procurement Manager, e-mail: Kathryn.firstname.lastname@example.org