As the largest provider of education management software in the UK, we influence the
lives of over one million people every day. Education exists to inform, engage, empower
and our goal is to make this happen. We do this with a range of digital SaaS products
which help deliver the best learning outcomes possible.What does good look like?
Sets the technical direction as regards to data models to successfully meet user needs including cross-functional expectations such as quality and performance. Supports delivery teams designing solutions to the agreed standards for quality, scalability, security and robustness across the programme. Ability to communicate concepts at a high level whilst being hands on at a low level. Has a real passion for all things data.Outcomes
- An inspired sense of shared ownership and pride within the technical teams
- An implementation is aligned with the target architecture and that quality goals and SLAs are being met across the programme
- A sustainably deliverable and operable set of solutions
- Collaborative partnership with Product organisation to ensure strong alignment on business goals and appropriate balance of new features vs. technical maintenance
- Depth of cross-domain understanding and empathy for the end user
- Awareness of risks and their mitigation
- People support and growth, building a safe space to learn, and take calculated risks
The ideal candidate and team fit:
- Technical Governance: Initiates, evaluates, and influences projects from the perspective of the entire system and customer implementations.
- Systems Architecture creates architecture design and implementation frameworks to build distributed systems;
- Securing Applications designs and implements software which exhibits good security properties and which avoids common weaknesses and vulnerabilities.
- Evolutionary Architecture: guide the technical decisions that shape an architecture over time with the goal of improving along multiple prioritized business and technology dimensions simultaneously and maintaining or increasing delivery pace.
- Giving & Receiving Feedback: solicit and engage with feedback on a continuous basis. Having timely, actionable and meaningful conversations about performance for the purpose of shaping behaviours and fostering learning.
- Collaboration: works jointly with others to co-create and achieve a common goal. This includes learning, practising and experimenting with tools, techniques and frameworks that foster collaborative working environments.
- Drives to Outcomes: focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them. Able to execute plans through to action. Persistent to complete tasks and a strong commitment to take action that moves things along to ensure delivery of objectives.
- Ownership & Accountability: takes personal accountability and ownership for their work. This includes personal follow through, making and defending difficult decisions and trade-offs, removing blockers, driving collective progress.
- Continuous Improvement: advances by ongoing, incremental improvement through continuous learning, questioning the status quo and trying out creative and novel ideas. Shows curiosity and has a keen interest to drive learning for themselves and others.
If you are interested, please apply with your CV and if desired, a cover letter.
- Experience in Azure - Azure Solutions Architect certification would be highly advantageous
- Demonstrable skills with relational and non-relational solutions along with structured and non-structured data
- Solid understanding of REST and other API design patterns
- Understanding of NFRs, including how to design for success and measure results in the real world
- Understanding of one or more of the following big data and analytics tools:
- Azure Synapse
- Azure Data Lake
- Azure Databricks
- Apache Spark
- Power BI