Company DescriptionAbout us
We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are 3,300 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.Job Description
Join us and work with ourApplication Managementteam to efficiently deliverfull application lifecycledevelopment and support for PA. Our Database Administrators (DBA) support themajor businessprocessesthatdeal withthepeople,financialandproject management related transactions, knowledge, business intelligence and communications across the firm.
The DBAs provide support and delivery across a wide range of database applications, presenting a number of exciting opportunities and challenges. A customer facing role providing resolution to support calls logged via the helpdesk system. The role requires good communication skills, speaking with both non-technical and technical people. An inquisitive mind with the ability to learn technologies and understand the business need coupled with problem solving skills and the ability to interrogate existing technical solutions to understand and resolve live issues.
Our DBAs also deliver change. Working with the business analyst, project manager, developers and testers in understanding the business need whilst adhering to the change management process. Working on your own and with the wider team to understand requirements and provide options on how to best meet the business needs. Sharing knowledge within the team to ensure your solutions are understood and supportable.
The technologies we use within PA include SharePoint Online, O365, Dynamics 365, Power BI and Azure Data Factory. We strive to review and improve the ways in which we can get the best out of these technologies. This will ensure that this role stays current and in demand!Qualifications
- Whilst a recognised IT qualification would be preferred, we will consider applications where equivalent knowledge and expertise has been obtained via experience
- Proven track record with 3+ year supporting and securing multiple versions of SQL Server.
- Good technical knowledge and skills
- Development experience in MS SQL Server (T-SQL)
- Good understanding of Virtualisation\SAN Technologies\Azure Concepts
- Works with diverse stakeholders and creates strong relationships with customers, within the IT functionand with any delivery partners
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in written format. Translates IT concepts into business language
- Follows formal methodologies and processes with an attention to detail
- Takes an open-minded approach when both problem solving and identifying solutions to a problem
- Takes an open-minded approach to both business change and technology change
- Has a can do and personable attitude
- Works to deadlines and prioritises tasks
- Takes initiative and works as part of a multi-disciplinary team as well as independently
- Maintains own knowledge and skills with a desire to keep up to date with current technology
- SQL Server Reporting services or Power BI
- SQL Analysis Services or Azure Analysis Services
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Managed Instances or Azure SQL Databases
Inclusion & Diversity
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. Were committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PAs goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on