We're supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We're now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.Capita TSS
are searching for a Senior Network Engineer
to join our Network Practice;
you will be joining our already excelling team based in the Belfast
Here at Capita
learning and development is a major priority for us. We want our Engineers to feel valued and empowered to help them grow with us. So, for that reason we provide training to assist with attaining and maintaining professional certifications. Day-to-day you'll be working on multiple issues, across multiple sites and be looking for continuous improvement, whether that be upgrades, risk identification, patching and security compliance, fault fixing to ensure our clients and corporate networks are fit for purpose and optimally configuredWhat you'll be doing:
Responsible for BAU Network Support of Capita and Capita client network infrastructures across data centres, client WANs and client LANs. The role will involve incident and change response and resolution, proactive network monitoring, performing upgrades and maintaining support documentation.
The main responsibilities are:
Who you are:
- Responding to and fixing faults
- Dealing with customers
- Performing upgrades
- Configuration management
- Advice and guidance to customers and other support teams
- Maintaining system information and documentation
- Proactive Monitoring
- Adhere to Change Management Processes
Here at Capita
and we understand that no two people are the same but there are a few fundamental qualities we look for:
- Team player. We have a very strong team ethos and look for people who can fit into an environment of mutual support with a willingness to provide guidance to others as well as call out for assistance when needed.
- Highly personable with the ability to work with stakeholders across all levels
- Drive to go above and beyond for Capita and our clients
- Hunger to learn more and better yourself
- Inquisitive to discover solutions
What you'll gain:
- Cisco ASA / FTD
- Kemp Load Balancers
- Checkpoint R80.X
- Cisco Routing and Switching
- Firewall ruleset implementation and troubleshooting
- Proactive Monitoring (solarwinds, PRTG etc)
About Capita Technology and Software Solutions
- A hybrid working model which would be mainly home based but with 1 or 2 days a week at the Capita offices in Newtown Abbey
- learning & development and funding towards certifications
- Benefits package
Capita Technology and Software Solutions (TSS) is a 5000 people strong global shared service, responsible for delivering innovation and digital transformation for Capita's colleagues, businesses and clients.
We design, build and run the right technical competencies and partnerships to enable Capita to deliver seamless public and customer services - from working collaboratively with Capita's businesses to shape the right technology and software solutions to take to market, to ensuring colleagues have access to resilient, predictable IT services and support, that enables them to work effectively and securely.
TSS is right at the heart of Capita, as we work to create a technology-led organisation. You'll be part of a Capita-wide network of 55,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines, sectors and countries. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.What's in it for you?
What we hope you'll do next:
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27 ) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.Equal Opportunities
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process, you'll be asked to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.