Senior Software Engineer - XLN Telecom
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to be a part of a growing software development department. You will be given the opportunity to learn new technologies and familiarise yourself with older ones, you will become part of the XLN family and will work with other software experts to create cutting edge software to help propel XLN into the future.
Essential skills & experience:
- Three-year university degree or equivalent in a computing discipline, or relevant industry experience.
- 3+ Years commercial experience of .NET Framework/Core in C#.
- 3+ Years commercial experience of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Be highly collaborative with good communication skills.
- Experience with test-driven development and the use of unit test frameworks
The successful Senior Software Engineer will support the continued development of our internal software systems with the assistance of our team of business analysts, developers, testers, and IT infrastructure professionals.
You will work to an agile sprint methodology, proposing and implementing solutions for tickets assigned during that cycle, following software development guidelines as defined in the XLN Standards & Procedures documentation, to ensure the testability, maintainability, and consistency of our solutions. Coaching and mentoring developers to become self-sufficient and knowledgeable in the various technical systems and business processes. Working with other developers; setting clear goals and objectives when managing projects or maintenance tasks. Researching and recommending new approaches/technologies and suggesting improvements, in particular automation of processes wherever possible.
Salary & Benefits:
In return we offer a salary of up to £50,000, depending on experience, for the right candidate, plus a great range of benefits including, but not limited to:
- Great office environment with free hot drinks, pool & ping pong tables, free fruit Tuesday and a free breakfast every Friday.
- Flexitime & flexible attitude to working from home (following initial onboarding).
- Subscription to Pluralsight for your own training and advancement.
- Birthday & Christmas bonus holidays with Christmas party at top events.
- Health cash plan