About The Role
Now is a very exciting time to work in the Society's IT team as it moves forward with its vision to transform IT, both internally in its ways of working and in playing a major role in shaping the digital future for the Society. We are looking for Solution Architects to join us and play a major role in defining and building innovative and exciting technology changes as part of our portfolio of strategic business initiatives to provide better products, services and customer experiences for our Members. About You
As we progress on our journey, we are seeking highly talented people who are passionate about delivering outstanding outcomes and experiences for our members and colleagues.
- You are excited by change and have significant full life-cycle solution delivery experience
- You are passionate about delivering outstanding outcomes and experiences for both members and colleagues.
- You are adept at gaining an understanding of the broad business context as well as the technical detail of the delivery
- You can build strong relationships with stakeholders and have a proven ability to explain complex concepts in a nontechnical and consumable way to all levels within the business and IT
- You can influence opinion at all levels of the organisation, listening, challenging and collaboratively solving and not afraid to challenge the status quo to find a better way of getting things done whilst influencing others to follow.
- You have strong analytical skills tempered with the ability to cut through detail to understand any inhibitors to solutions successfully satisfying business needs
- You have extensive experience in working within projects, programmes and other architectural engagements, ensuring alignment to the IT Strategy and conforming to policies, standards, patterns and general good practice through governance.
- Broad technical skills including
- Systems analysis and design to high and low level
- Strong architecture and design skills with solid previous exposure across infrastructure, COTS, Cloud, Integration and Software Development with particular core depths in at least 2.
- Knowledge of leading RDBMS and noSQL technologies, IT infrastructure design, BPM, integration technologies, security architectures, cloud services, financial services
- Good understanding of IT architecture modelling tools and languages such as UML, BPMN, TOGAF and Zachman
Hours: 9am - 5pm - Monday to Friday
Hybrid working is choosing the best location for you to carry out your role - this could be in the office or it could be at home. You can be flexible in your approach, for example coming into the office when you need to collaborate with colleagues in person, or working from home if you have a lot of Zoom meetings to go to. We're taking a team-led approach, so how you manage your working week and place of work is down to your preferences and how you and your team work best.
About The Company
As the Second largest Building Society in the UK and the 8th largest lender. We know a thing or two about Savings and Mortgages. The Society has grown significantly over the past decade in particular and now has over 2,700 employees and 1.8 million members. The Society is a Which recommended savings provider and we we're proud to be a certified Great Place to Work Employer in 2022.
What makes us such a rich and progressive place to work is the huge variety of people in the IT team. We value diversity, in terms of gender, race, age, faith, disability, sexual orientation but also personality and thinking style; the uniqueness you'll bring to us we see as a real source of strength. We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, where you can succeed as your whole self. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee engagement forums; it's the way work should be.