Full Stack Developer - Consultant Sogeti UK, Part of the Capgemini Group Join a world-leading IT consultancy and thought leader within the software testing field Base Location - Any UK Base (We have multiple base locations all over the UK) About Sogeti and the Capgemini Group
Sogeti UK is a leading provider of technology consultancy services, specialising in Application, Infrastructure and Engineering services. We offer cutting-edge solutions around Testing, Business Intelligence & Analytics, PLM, Mobile, Application and Cloud, combining world class methodologies and our global delivery model, Rightshore. Our roots and the bedrock of our success lie in the provision of local professional services - teams of highly skilled IT professionals working closely with local clients. The group has been recognised as a Leader in the 'NelsonHall NEAT evaluation for Quality Engineering Services' report, for demonstrating multiple strengths including; User Experience (UX) Testing, Artificial Intelligence (AI) for automating testing services & deploying Robotic Process Automation (RPA) for testing purposes. Sogeti UK also has an excellent Glassdoor rating!
Globally, Sogeti is part of the Capgemini Group, Sogeti operates in more than 100 locations globally. Working closely with clients and partners to take full advantage of the opportunities of technology, Sogeti combines agility and speed of implementation to tailor innovative future-focused solutions in Digital Assurance and Testing, Cloud and Cybersecurity, all fuelled by AI and automation.
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients' opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organisations to realise their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2020 combined revenues of €15.8billion. Our Inclusive Culture
Sogeti positively encourages applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
Capgemini won the 'Best Tech Employer' at the Women in Tech Employer Awards 2020 and are listed in the Times Top 50 Employers for Women in 2021. Capgemini is also ranked in the Top 100 employers in the latest Stonewall Workplace Equality Index and we are recognised as one of the Top 75 employers in the Social Mobility Employer Index 2020. Our Application & Cloud Technologies Practice
We are growing our Application and Cloud Technology team; this is an emerging service line for Sogeti in the UK but draws on our technology heritage and global market leading solutions. This is an excellent opportunity to join our global team of experts in Application Development, Data Development and Engineering and Cloud. We want business focused, passionate technologists to help use develop game changing business solutions for our customers.
We will be looking for the most interesting challenges from our clients. Big technology projects, with big teams, in which you can grow and learn and deliver complex programs of work. Or Leading-Edge technology projects in which you can work with the latest technology to solve new challenges with new interesting technology. And everything in-between.
We want to hear from you if you have a passion or experience of delivering similar types of projects or if you have a passion to learn. The Role
Sogeti are looking to grow our Application and Cloud Technology Practice and require Full Stack Developers to join a new team. You'll be responsible for designing and developing web applications, RESTful services and APIs, as well as database and reporting applications. We're looking for developers who have a sincere passion for technology. You'll work in a customer-oriented environment and be well adept at understanding the business process and end-user perspectives. What we'll offer you
- Professional development and accelerated career progression.
- An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit.
- Although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
- Gain experience within a market leader in leading edge technology services.
- We encourage continuous learning and development by providing you the tools and support to drive your own career in the direction you want!
As a Full Stack Developer - Consultant, we're looking for:-
- Backend Tech Stack: Experience in .Net
- Database: Experience working with SQL, RDBMS etc.
- Testing focus with experience using tools/ frameworks to perform testing across different test stages (Unit/ Component/ Integration/ Functional etc)
- Understanding of DevOps culture and needs
- Understanding of CI-CD design considerations and capabilities as well as tools such as Azure DevOps and Jenkins
- Experience with any of the following: Linux/ Shell Scripting, Kubernetes, Docker, Scaled Agile Framework
- Understanding of application monitoring and logging
- Proven ability with understanding and adherence to Software Engineering principles and delivery methodologies (e.g. Design Patterns, TDD, Kanban, Code reviews, Clean Code, Code Quality etc)
- Cloud experience
- Good communication skills
- Passion for technology with a proven ability to rapidly learn new technology/ tool/ concepts while adapting to changing priorities
- Flexibility on travel / work locations during the working week