Java Engineering Manager Remote Hybrid WfH London to £110k
Java Engineering Manager / Lead (Backend Java Kotlin AWS) *Hybrid WFH*. Are you a skilled technology leader? You could be heading up a small team of accomplished software engineers working on a ground breaking search technology using the latest technologies at a scale-up technology company that provides global Investment and Business Managers with on-demand access to a range of expertise.
As a Java Engineering Manager you will provide technical leadership to a small team, including task planning, code reviews and staff development, enabling continual learning through 10% time and allocated training budgets.
You will work with your team to remove pain points, optimise workflows and enhance the intelligence and capabilities of the system, taking technical ownership and working with Product Owners to flesh out business requirements and ensure that the team is solving the right problems to help the business. You'll ensure that the team adheres to high standards and follows best practice using Agile methodologies for rapid delivery, there's a lot of new Greenfield development projects as well as optimisation and scalability work.
There's a remote interview / onboarding process and 100% remote working / work from home in the UK; or you can pop into the London fairly regularly or work there full-time depending on your preference.
- You have strong core Java development experience and are likely to have worked with Python and / or Ruby
- You have experience of taking technical ownership of a specific application, product or infrastructure
- You have technical / team leadership experience
- You're keen to work with new and emerging technology such as Kotlin on AWS
- You're collaborative by nature, keen to learn and share knowledge with others
- You're degree educated, BSc Computer Science preferred
As the Java Engineering Manager you will earn a competitive salary (to £110k) plus bonus and benefits.
Apply now to find out more about this Java Engineering Manager (Backend Java AWS) opportunity.