Our client is an IT service provider who requires a Citrix Engineer to start a programme with a customer based in Berkshire.
** OUTSIDE IR35 **
RATE: £400 - £450 PER DAY
The preferred candidate will be responsible for the maintenance and support of the MS/ Wintel based infrastructure, including Citrix Xenapp, across 6 sites in the UK. This includes Active Directory management, Group Policy creation and management, Deploying server updates and patches, Updating published applications, DNS management, Anti-Virus management and updates, Developing endpoint builds using MECM (SCCM) and deploying them. You will also be the SME for 2 front end applications, one hosted on IBM Desktop hardware and the other integrated and hosted on a 3rd party managed desktop solution.
The role will provide technical exposure variance across both outcomes based project activities and Operational (Business as Usual) support activities. There is also a requirement to provide out of hours on call support within a shared service. There is an expectation of office attendance 2 to 3 times per week and requirement for occasional customer site visits within reasonable commuting distances
* Have excellent knowledge of Windows Server Environments, from Server 2003 - 2019, including OS build, AD, DNS, DHCP and GP from design to implementation and support;
* Have excellent knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems including Windows XP, 7 and 10.
* Have good general knowledge of Networking Technologies including load balancing and firewalls;
* Have good general knowledge of Microsoft Stack technologies such as MS SQL, MS System Centre, Office365, MS Exchange & CLI tooling such as PowerShell;
* Have excellent analysis and problem solving skills, taking ownership of complex incidents ensuring these are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer;
* Possess excellent communication skills;