Position: Marine Electrician
Rate: £20 ph (umbrella or ltd company)
Duration: 6 months + contract.
Location: Poole, Portland & Southampton
HSB Technical is currently looking for a number of skilled Marine Electricians for a busy shipbuilder. This person with be working from electrical schematics as well as investigation and diagnostics of existing equipment. You will be able to install, fault find, and repair electrical installations, including motor starters and equipment control panels to an exacting standard.
Must have proven experience working with yachts.
- Installing cable support systems.
- Run and dress cabling in an extremely neat fashion.
- Installing control cabinet enclosures.
- Test your own work to recognised standards (IEE 17th Test and Inspect).
- Assist other departments with their temporary power requirements taking into account electrical loads and distances involved.
- Assist the commissioning engineers and take an active role in commissioning equipment
- Apprentice trained or NVQ Level 3.
- A proven track record in a marine electrical role.
- Experience with 3-phase, motors, motor starters and distribution systems.
- Previous experience of working on new build vessels
- Extremely neat work.
Please contact the shipbuilding team to discuss this further.
HSB Technical is working as a recruiter on behalf of its client