Working for one of the UK's most recognised brands at one of their divisions in Staffordshire, this is an interesting and rewarding role, working within the manufacturing purchasing department.
Excellent career opportunities and rewards are available for candidates who can demonstrate a good work ethic with a willingness to go over and above the norm in order to deliver an outstanding service.
Whilst the role would suit candidates with previous purchasing experience, applications are invited from candidates with a sales background who can show effective and successful negotation skills and are looking to progress a career in a new discipline.
Key elements of the role
* Ensure that materials are purchased at the most competitive prices and within the required timescales
* Propose new suppliers and work with all suppliers at an early stage
* Liaise with internal engineers and other stakeholders
* Monitor and develop supplier performance
* Ideally, previous purchasing experience in a fast paced environment, ideally within manufacturing though skills gained in other disciplines will be considered.
* Able to demonstrate a sense of urgency
* Strong negotiation skills
* Practical problem solving abilities.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Customer focused approach
* Attention to detail