Programme Administrator - £16.99ph plus holiday pay - Hybrid role - Central London
End: Two months initially, high possibility of extension
We are currently recruiting for a Programme Administrator to join a leading UK University located in the heart of London. You'll be an experienced programme administrator, who has experience of the full student life-cycle.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The School is looking for a Programme Administrator to provide high quality and comprehensive administrative support to staff and students on our Master Double Degree programmes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To coordinate the assessment submissions process.
* Coordinating the marking process.
* Processing and ensuring assessed coursework, grades and examination results are checked, recorded accurately and released in an appropriate and timely manner.
* Identifying any potential cases of assessment misconduct using the Turnitin software; distributing feedback and, advising the Programme Manager of any problems.
* To take primary responsibility for the timely, accurate updating, design and maintenance of the programmes Moodle pages.
* To take the lead, for selected courses, in an annual cycle of tasks for the smooth, timely and efficient administration of the programmes, from Welcome (induction) and teaching through to examinations and graduation.
* To provide administrative support for all teaching staff, including production and maintenance of information on courses.
* To respond to students, the teaching team, staff and visitor requests for information and support, promptly and effectively.
* To update Student Handbooks.
* To service Department committees or working groups as required.
* To contribute to the development of the department website and marketing materials as required.
* To maintain up to date student records.
* To maintain a clear, current and accessible electronic filing system for programme matters.
* To act as a focal point advising on applicant, offer holder and student enquiries in an informative and timely manner.
* To write the weekly Checklist email for circulation to students, soliciting content from colleagues, editing their contributions, writing own text and selecting appropriate images.
* To help organise and present Welcome (induction) briefing sessions for students, including assisting with the provision of any required materials to students.
* To manage the shared mailbox, ensuring queries are responded to in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
* To contribute as needed to online information sessions, representing the programme and the department to prospective students and offer-holders.
* To support the maintenance of the secure website for offer-holders.
* To support the development of generic and semi-personalised contact with offer-holders, helping to draft relevant text and to identify where additional information might be needed.
Planning and organising resources
* To manage the system of bookings for student study rooms, proposing changes to department policy as needed.
* To report Estates or IT problems with the student facilities to the relevant helpdesks and ensure their swift and satisfactory resolution Teamwork and motivation.
* To act as a first point of contact for queries.
Initiative and problem solving
* To plan own time towards meeting defined objectives for supporting the student experience, monitoring progress of projects and adjusting priorities as needed according to student need.
* To resolve student disputes over study room usage or escalate these appropriately.
Liaising and Networking
* To liaise between teaching and Professional Services Staff and the student body, referring to the Programme Manager as required.
* To liaise with the Graduate Admissions Office on the progress of applications and assist offer-holders with queries about the conditions of their offer.
Pastoral Care and Welfare
* Provide advice to students regarding welfare issues or queries, referring and promoting the School's support services.
Due to time constraints and the number of applications we will only be able to respond personally to successful candidates. Hopefully you will be one of those. If not please do feel free to send your CV again for any other positions that are of interest.
Gray & Associates is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity