Job Title: Electrical Craftsperson
Salary: £33,475 - £36,394 + Private Medical, Flexible Benefits, Excellent Pension and bonus.
Job type: Full Time .
At Ratcliffe, we play a key role in the transition to a low carbon future, generating electricity when there is insufficient renewable power and providing security of supply. Ratcliffe is the UK's cleanest ever coal fired power station, fitted with SCR de-NOx technology and Flue Gas Desulphurisation. This is a tremendous opportunity to be part of one of the biggest generating assets operating in the UK, offering development and experience on a massive scale.
We have an opportunity for an Electrical Craftsperson to work as part of the EC&I team at Ratcliffe PowerStation. Ratcliffe Generates power from four 500MW Units, utilising a mix of conventional and state-of-the-art technology to meet the energy demands of the UK. Ratcliffe also operates to help stabilise the national grid to ensure security of supply. This is a hands on role, focusing on fault finding, diagnostics, repair and maintenance.
Main responsibilities include:
* Delivering routine based maintenance works on a wide and diverse variety of E,C&I plant and equipment.
* Undertake maintenance of HV switchgear and system apparatus having the ability to recognise faults and provide corrective solutions.
* Support and assist in engineering improvement projects in accordance with plant modification controls and process.
* Contribute to continuous improvement through the job plan improvement and failure reporting and corrective action system (FRACAS) processes, conducting root cause problem solving where required.
* Actively monitoring and contributing to Site safety and initiatives.
* Completion of SAP 'data' including contribution to the maintenance records, the defect root cause and record of findings.
* Supporting and mentoring trainees and other junior members of staff (i.e. apprentices) to develop future talent.
* You will strive for and lead improvements and developments relating to the maintenance delivery aspects of your works.
* A good working knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation and standards to IOSH or equivalent.
* Time served relevant apprenticeship, or demonstrable suitably experienced and trained with significant expertise in electrical engineering maintenance practices on large scale industrial plant.
* Extensive experience in the maintenance and fault rectification of HV circuit breakers and associated power distribution systems.
* Be able to read and interpret electrical drawings and OEM technical manuals to enable you to complete maintenance on a range of electrical equipment and switchgear.
* The ability to work effectively with peers and teams in a variety of contexts and situations.
* A positive and proactive approach to all aspects of work.
* Support colleagues and exchange ideas as well as constructive feedback.
* Basic computer skills, knowledge of SAP, Nisoft and office applications e.g. word, excel.
* Ability to use test equipment to fault find on electrical control systems and LV power systems.
* NEBOSH General Certificate.
* HNC or HND in an appropriate engineering discipline.
* Knowledge of maintenance management systems, ideally SAP, and understanding of the importance in completing and reporting back findings.
* Excellent understanding of the commercial and financial effects of plant operation.
At Uniper, we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer competitive salaries, company pensions and performance related benefits. Our people can also take advantage of our extensive flexible benefits package with discounts on high street vouchers, health and dental care, holidays and more.
Uniper is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from appropriately qualified and suitable candidates regardless of gender, origin, disability, age, religion, worldview, sexual identity or family status. We promote diversity, equality and flexible working.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of: Electrician, Electrical Installation Engineer, Commercial Electrician, Qualified Electrician, Approved Electrician, Multi Skilled Electrical Technician, Maintenance Electrician, Installation Electrician, Gas Engineer, Air Conditioning Engineer, Electrical Testing & Compliance Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, City and Guilds may also be considered for this role