Our client is a worldwide leader in the design, engineering and manufacturing of acoustic and thermal components and systems for the automotive sector. They are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer, based in Tipton, West Midlands.
Overall purpose of the role:
Daily upkeep of all machines from a mechanical and electrical point of view
To maintain facilities within the site and offices ensuring Health and Safety compliance at all times
Role and responsibilities:
* Daily upkeep of all machines both mechanically and electrics
* Ensure all scheduled PM's are to the required standard and completed within the required timescale
* Undertake audits to ensure work is carried out to the required standard
* Provide support to manufacturing team leaders and managers to achieve daily targets and enhance the capabilities and performance of the manufacturing process
* Achieve improvements on all key co-ordinated projects as agreed with the managers, to enhance the capabilities and performance of the manufacturing plant.
* To create and upkeep a list of spares for all key machinery
* To keep an up-to-date log/directory of contact numbers for breakdowns and spares for 24-hour cover.
* Form effective relationships with suppliers.
* To be proactive and support all Health and Safety issues
* To train and support team members in carrying out relevant processes
* To participate in the process of multi-skilling tasks with other departments
* To continually measure and improve performance by logging all breakdown actions and timings
* Design and commission improvements to enhance the capabilities and performance of manufacturing
* Uphold the standards of TS16949 and ISO14001
* Maximise machinery uptime and performance site wide
The above list is not exhaustive, and the successful candidate will be expected to carry out any tasks that are within their capacity to assist the needs of the business.
Skills and qualifications
Fully experienced in a maintenance environment
Good Health and Safety/Environmental knowledge
Ability to use planned, predictive, and preventative methods
Proactive approach essential
Ability to prioritise workloads in order of importance and urgency with the ability to make decisions
Ability to work under pressure
Good IT skills
Flexible attitude to work
Hours of work and Salary package
Shift working around 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm. (40 hours per week)
Salary £35k to £40K. (with overtime OTE (£45K to £55K)
NEST Pension of 3% Employer and 5% Employee Contribution.
Cash Health Plan (Optional)
25 days annual leave plus 8 BH
If you feel you have the skills and experience our client is looking for, please apply and send your CV for consideration