Our leading Finance Sector Client is undergoing a time of significant growth and transformation as they integrate a recent corporate acquisition. To support this and grow their organisation they are seeking a Payments Administrator to join the Cash Processing Team.
This role is busy, varied and would suit somebody who is quick to learn, calm under pressure when dealing with a high volume of transactions and can deal with volume without compromising on accuracy. Close attention to internal and external deadlines is also key in the payment process.
Reporting to the Payments Manager, this position is primarily responsible for the processing of company payments and receipts in a timely and accurate manner.The main responsibilities for the role holder will include:
* Timely and accurate processing of all outward payments to clients, brokers and external suppliers
* Investigating and answering of all payment related queries from internal departments and external banking partners
* Provide banking expertise to colleagues and business partners and maintain strong working relationships with banks, business partners and colleagues across the business
* Be conscious of any risks, and mitigating appropriately and escalating where necessary
* A minimum of two year experience working in a Financial Services environment
* Working knowledge of the major international banking systems
* A good understanding of Microsoft Excel & Outlook
* Payment processing experience is desirable
* Have a high level of attention to detail, particularly when working with figures
* Ability to deliver quality and timely results on a daily basis
* Be able to communicate effectively on financial processes both verbally and in writing
* Able work independently within agreed objectives taking personal responsibility for delivery