Senior Actuarial Technical Specialists - Can be based in any of our UK/I offices - remote/hybrid/flexible working available
Mercer is currently looking to significantly grow our team and appoint talented and ambitious Senior Actuarial Technical Specialists. This is an opportunity to join an established centre of excellence, specialising in a wide range of retirement solutions, providing technical expertise and support to our UK Retirement market. We are looking for strong team players with excellent communication and business acumen skills, with proven review and checking experience.
Mercer provides insights, advice and technology-driven solutions to help build brighter futures for our clients, colleagues and communities. Together, we are re redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being
This is an opportunity to fulfil a fundamental role in providing pension solutions across our wide range of services. As we continue to grow and enhance our workforce of the future, we are providing a continuously evolving and tailored range of services, giving individuals the opportunity to learn and develop their skills with support both now, and into the future.
This role would be suitable for someone who already has experience working on DB pensions within an actuarial role. In addition, Mercer provides full-study support for students undertaking any applicable examinations.What can you expect?
What is in it for you:
- Work as part of a team on complex defined benefit modelling using advanced actuarial skills and techniques, specialising in complex UK pension solutions.
- Carrying out non-standard scheme benefit calculations, and involvement in wider actuarial work and liaison with consultants and wider client support teams
- Checking technical accuracy on work of all complexities across services and non-standard projects.
- Contribute to continuous improvement by developing and delivering knowledge sharing / training / process improvement initiatives and co-ordinate new process roll outs across locations.
- Develop expertise in excel, VBA and Mercer in house technology enabling high quality IT and product solution development.
- Managing client work across multiple services with a focus on agility, allowing scalability and adaptability in the services and solutions we provide.
- Working in partnership and developing relationships with internal teams to deliver a streamlined service to other lines of business within Mercer.
- Assist in managing the transition of new work streams from other lines of business.
What you need to have:
- Exceptional training and development opportunities.
- Challenging yet friendly and diverse work environment.
- Competitive salary and highly flexible working practices including remote working
- We will fund a number of different professional study pathways including the Actuarial & Certified Actuarial Analyst CAA exams, PMI Qualifications and other relevant personal and professional exams.
- Exposure to a wide range of services with an abundance of career enhancing opportunities.
- Potential for opportunities in other lines of business, or via our Global rotation programme.
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy/sell 5 days additional leave.
- Highly competitive benefits package including pension scheme, private medical insurance, income protection and options including discounted gym memberships, travel insurance, childcare and retail vouchers and much more.
What will make you stand out:
- Educated to degree level in a numerical or semi-numerical degree.
- A strong understanding of how UK pensions schemes operate.
- Experience in carrying out Benefit calculations
- Strong analytical, numerical and critical thinking skills, including a good understanding of actuarial approaches for pensions.
- Ability to work as part of a team and within a collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail ensuring quality and delivery in line with deadlines.
- Strong IT skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft office, in particular Excel.
- Experience working in a similar role within an Actuarial team, working in Pensions, with a focus on Technical aspects and solid exposure to consultants and broader client support teams.
#LI-REMOTE #mercerukactuary Why Mercer?
Mercer is a global consulting leader helping clients around the world redefine the world of work, reshape retirement and investment outcomes, and unlock real health and well-being for their people. We want to make a difference in people's lives.
Building brighter futures for our clients, colleagues and communities is why we come to work each day. Whether it's building a more agile workforce for the future, uncovering the new opportunities AI and automation present, or crafting strategies for responsible investments, we use our expertise and insight to show our clients the bigger picture, giving them trusted guidance and practical, sustainable solutions that help them solve complex problems and prepare for change.
As a Mercer colleague, you're supported by a community of peers and leaders who inspire you to learn, grow and advance in a culture that values your unique strengths. We strive to make Mercer the employer of choice for the best and brightest diverse talent, fostering an inclusive work environment where employees from varied backgrounds, cultures and ethnicities can thrive. As part of our commitment to shaping the future, we bring our whole selves to our work - our colleagues, as well as our clients, are celebrated and appreciated for who they are. Our goal is to make sure everyone has a voice.
We believe that the future of work is agile and our world leading "All Roles Can Flex" philosophy promotes a culture of results and performance and at Mercer we encourage flexibility in all aspects of our work arrangements, including working hours and location.
Our people are our business - that's one of the reasons we value our colleagues' personal learning and improvement so highly. We also want colleagues to see Mercer as a place where they can develop their skills and plan their career in the long term. For this reason, Mercer offers many opportunities to develop our colleagues' careers, including hundreds of online and in-person seminars, courses, certification programs and training sessions. Mercer also provides tuition reimbursement and other support, such as study days, to colleagues who are completing qualifications or certifications.About us:
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital or civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. We are proud of our inclusive culture where everyone feels empowered to bring their whole selves to work and thrive. Learn more about our foundational values, mission and vision for the future by reviewing our Greater Good Policy. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.