Outside IR35 contract
About the project
Providing services within a medium-sized Adaptive team based in London and Barcelona on a project spanning a minimum of a year, to build a client-centric, multi-asset retail trading platform.
The engagement will include building a rich web Front End as designed by our UX team, new supporting components on the Back End such as a risk management system and an OMS, and integration with existing Back End components and infrastructure.
Our development accelerator Hydra, based around Aeron, will provide a resilient architecture for the whole edifice.
The engagement is a strategic project for Adaptive, so the project will be visible throughout the business.
- Significant experience working in the financial sector, with experience working on Real Time trading systems being especially sought after
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- In particular, the ability to explain even complex concepts clearly through written & visual mediums is expected, so as to create a trusted set of reference documents for the team and for the client
- Ability to work with distributed teams & keep everyone aligned on common goals without meeting face to face
- Ability to create & maintain a product backlog with multiple stakeholders
- Actively manage the client's expectations, make assumptions explicit and keep a log of important decisions throughout the engagement
- Actively involve oneself in coming up with a realistic roadmap that mitigates project risk
- Work with UX, QA and developers throughout the backlog building process, to avoid the roadblocks inherent in a sequential process
- Active involvement with design activities
- Take part in Event Storming/Workflow-Driven Design workshops (prior experience a plus)
- Capture and define the processes/workflows impacted by the solution we are delivering
- Active involvement with Quality Assurance, User Acceptance Testing activities
- Write falsifiable Acceptance Criteria
- Test the application manually & write bug reports to the same standard as a tester (if not with the same efficiency)
- Take an active role/the lead in defect triage
- Sufficient understanding of technical idioms
- In particular, an understanding of data structures & communication protocols is expected to allow discussion with technical experts and the capture of related requirements
- Keen understanding of the strengths and potential pitfalls that come with an Agile delivery philosophy, based on extensive personal experience
Nice to have:
Spread Betting/CFD Business Analyst - Retail trading platform
The small print:
Please note that any individual providing services on this project will need to undergo a background check.
Adaptive's Privacy Notice for Candidates can be found here: https://weareadaptive.com/privacy-policy/ This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.