DC Governance Consultant - Can be based in any of our UK offices and/ or remote working - flexible working available
Mercer is seeking a DC Governance Consultant to join our specialist DC team in the delivery of DC services to a large portfolio of clients. We have one of the largest DC, fully integrated teams in the UK and offer both agile and flexible working, including fully home based.
At Mercer, we understand that the market landscape is changing at an unprecedented pace. Customer and client expectations are constantly evolving. Companies are merging at historic rates. Technology is developing faster than the market can keep up with. That's why we need to ensure we are leading by example and we do this by being true drivers of change through educating, providing tools and services to optimise employer retirement outcome. This role has been hand crafted to do just that!
Mercer can help design, plan, and manage customised defined contribution plans both globally and locally. We align organisational objectives with workforce demographics and employee behaviours to identify how employers can help improve retirement outcomes for their employees while meeting workforce management needs.What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- Mercer's Defined Contribution (DC) team is unrivalled and is the largest group of DC experts (including governance, scheme design, investment consultants, provider and technical researchers and technicians) in the UK. This exciting growth area of Mercer's UK business is a key strategic focus and delivers both successful pension and savings solutions for clients and career opportunities for our talented colleagues. Our collaborative culture within the team drives and naturally promotes our successful growth of winning new business and maintaining strong existing relationships
- Assist trustees and sponsors to run their DC pension arrangements. Clients will include corporate sponsors, trustee boards of trust-based schemes and governance committees of contract-based schemes
- Liaise with providers and clients and subsequently analysing data received
- Communicate effectively to external and internal clients in a non technical manner
- Expand understanding of client needs and start assisting more senior colleagues in formulating plans to grow revenue and strengthen relationships with clients
- Attend client meetings to support senior colleagues and assist in preparation including production of meeting papers, and supporting management of actions
- Deals with routine queries received from clients and third parties
We will count on you to:
- Be part of one of the largest DC teams in the UK, which is fully integrated
- Be part of a successful, well established and growing Wealth team linked to the wider Mercer and Marsh McLennan group
- The opportunity to truly develop your Pensions Consulting career
- Full study support for professional qualifications
- Competitive reward package including a suite of benefits
What you need to have:
- Provide support to senior colleagues and attend client meetings
- Be self-motivated and work collaboratively within the DC and wider client team
- Promote Mercer in the market place
What makes you stand out?
- A minimum of two years DC experience (or similar)
- Be studying, or prepared to study for a professional qualification (eg PMI, CII, CFA, IMC)
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Project management experience (not essential)
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues, clients and provider contacts at all levels
- Show initiative and enjoy working in a dynamic team environment
- Good analytical skills
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex/gender, marital or parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing reasonable support to any candidate with a disability/health condition to allow them to fully participate in the recruitment process. We welcome candidates to contact us at TAUK@mmc.com to discuss any specific needs. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.