UX Designer - Mercer - Location Flexible The company: Mercer
Darwin is part of Mercer Marsh Benefits (MMB), a 7,000 person strong community of specialists in health, benefits and employee wellbeing. This affords us a massive opportunity to impact the lives of tens of millions of people around the world. Darwin, is changing benefits for good in eight out of the top ten technology companies in the world and has a wealth of clients across a diverse range of sectors. In fact, more than 2 million people are already using our platform.
Darwin™ is a market-leading and specialised global platform that is changing Benefits for Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform has transformed the employee benefits industry. We are fast paced, ambitious, people-focused and on a journey to innovate and develop products that truly impact people's lives and the market in which we operate. What can you expect?
We are looking for a UX designer to join our talented Innovation Division. If you are passionate about great design, privilege substance over form, are pragmatic and aspirational at the same time, strive to find simple solutions to complex problems and can wrap it all up in a beautiful design that delights users and clients, you should definitely talk to us. What is in it for you?
We will count on you to:
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with excellent career opportunities that is part of a global leader in employee health and wellbeing;
- Fast-paced, agile work environment and the opportunity to work with our impressive clients;
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative;
- We champion flexible working, and our mission is to help you find YOUR work-life balance through a number of flexible work options;
- Comprehensive benefits programs including: excellent pension contributions, private health insurance, tuition assistance, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and others!
As a UX Designer you will work closely with your UX colleagues, as well as Product Managers, Software Engineers and other stakeholders in the organisation. You will be responsible for the end to end design process: from discovery to concept design to detailed design to working closely with the extended team to get the best possible product to the market. But you will never be alone: your team is there to help! We are a collaborative bunch that likes to be involved in each other projects to support, help untangle messy problems, share knowledge and experience.
What you need to have:
- Product design life cycle (from concept to detailed specification to implementation) - that would include: user research, personas definition, IA, concept generation, detailed design and all within a user-centred framework.
- Help evangelise UX processes at a project level.
- Be an evangelist of User Experience and design thinking within the organisation and with clients.
What makes you stand out:
- Ability to think outside the box and a drive to solve complex problems. If you want your brain fully engaged at work, we are the place you are looking for.
- Team player and able to work independently making confident recommendations. If you do not already do it, you will learn to express your opinion because you are the expert and what you say really does matter.
- Demonstrable understanding of interaction and visual design principles. We are not asking to be a Visual Designer, but it is important that you understand its value.
- Solid understanding of Agile UX design and software development methodology as you will work in close collaboration with Engineers it does help to speak their language a bit.
- Proficiency with core design tools (e.g. Sketch, InVision,) and the desire to learn new ones as they come along - let's be honest, we are all waiting to see what comes next!
- Some experience in Data Visualisation and Data analytics
- Fluent in English; other languages a bonus.
- Understanding of web and mobile technologies, specifically the UX capabilities of leading platforms. You never know, we might decide to go fully mobile native soon.
- Proficiency in prototyping tools in order to facilitate early user feedback, communicate design direction and engage stakeholders in the decision making process. However, we are well known for using paper-based prototype for early testing and those works perfectly fine.
- Knowledge of Design systems
- Knowledge of core design tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite).
- BA/BSc in Interaction/Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Computer Science, Psychology, or related field. Knowing the theory in most cases does help the practice but a well rounded self thought designer is as good as master graduate.
Mercer provides insights, advice and technology-driven solutions to help build brighter futures for our clients, colleagues and communities. Together, we're redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries, and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annualized revenue approaching $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses, including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital and civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.