MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Join the Product Cyber Security team providing specialist cyber security solutions across projects within MBDA UK. You will be delivering effective cyber security leadership for our complex weapon systems and providing the design, documentation and evidence to support security approval and accreditation activities.
- Lead the Filton Cyber Security team reporting up to the Head of Cyber Security
- Lead the MBDA UK Cyber Security team on the TEMPEST project to develop the next generation combat aircraft
- Lead the development of the team locally and the Cyber Security capability in Filton
- Identify, assess and manage security risks to systems and then ensure the security measures to address these risks are implemented and confirmed to work
- Input your balanced cyber security technical skills into a project team, taking account of the sophisticated trades and requirements on cyber security design and assurance
- Engage with the wider engineering team and provide cyber security expertise into the engineering lifecycle from initial requirements to operational guidance
- Deliver the project's cyber security risk management process across the engineering lifecycle and provide guidance and support to the project based on a risk management methodology
- Represent Cyber Security across project engineering functions and contribute to the project's Security Working Group
- Produce the project risk management accreditation document set and engage with the project collaborators with a focus on delivering against project achievements
You will engage and influence across your project, interfacing across all relevant engineering functions and engaging with senior members of the team. You will also engage with contacts in customer organisations outside MBDA with the aim of gaining accreditation for an MBDA product.What we're looking for
Key experience and knowledge might include;
What's in it for you?
- Demonstrable team leadership and a willingness to develop team members and a local Cyber Security capability in Filton
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with partners both internally and externally as well as representing MBDA across TEMPEST industry partners
- The ability to make judgments based on risk, and to engage with difficult decisions related to Cyber Security risk
- An ability to undertake risk assessments and propose security measures in response across the range of physical, personnel, procedural and technical measures.
- Understanding of MOD and Government information security policy, standards and guidance and the ability to tailor them to the specific needs of our product range
- A proven delivery focussed mind-set, aware of the challenging demands on cyber security design, implementation and assurance
- Awareness of systems engineering, electronics, software technology and development principles.
- Prior experience of delivering risk management accreditation documents sets for military equipment or similar
- Demonstrable ability to engage with partners, engineering teams and sub-contractors to provide direction, guidance and support on acceptable and balanced information security solutions.
- Understanding of systems and security verification, validation, testing and evaluation approaches, including HMG Information Assurance schemes and processes
- A curiosity about emerging risk assessment approaches and next generation security functions and approaches, including Agile Development and Secure by Design standards
- Knowledge of and ability to work with Cyber Resilience/NIST 800-160
- Willing to undergo or hold DV clearance desirable but not essential
This role offers the opportunity to be part of a rapidly developing technology area, shaping the responses to a complex and challenging domain for MBDAs products. It offers the scope for you to use your technical skills, judgement and influence to affect the security of systems delivered to the customer and end User. It will offer;
- An opportunity to lead a small local team, and guide the development of individuals
- An opportunity to develop your knowledge and expertise, and face complex challenges in a domain that is critically important for the future of MBDA
- Regular liaison with the end user, customer community and project seniors providing opportunities to introduce new cyber security thinking to MBDA and the customer
- Your input into the engineering lifecycle, using your skills and experience to make a difference to equipment before and during its time in service
- The challenge of delivering complex user-driven solutions into products, balancing the need for security against multiple competing demands and delivery deadlines
- An opportunity to see the rapidly changing Cyber Security field from the inside and contribute to its development within MBDA UK.
Join a great team!
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
The MBDA UK Product Cyber Security team has a strong pedigree in the delivery of security solution design and system accreditation. As part of the team you would have opportunities to represent the department on one or more projects sustaining MBDA's current products or developing the next generation. You will be able to use your skills and motivation to influence security design and play a vital role in delivering a usable capability to our end users.
As a department we are at the leading edge of cyber security within the complex weapons arena, and there will be plenty of technical and personal responsibility to challenge you. Alongside the project work the department also runs personal development and R&D activities to make sure its skills, technologies, and people are ready for the rapid pace of change in Cyber Security for the years to come. There will be plenty of opportunities to learn and feed back into MBDA's products.Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!