Position: .Net Developer
Location: Brighton, East Sussex
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: up to £45,000 per annum based on experience
Benefits: Partial-remote working, healthcare, pension, local discounts, a cycle to work scheme and 22 days annual leave + bank holidays with additional annual accrual
About the role
Our Clients look to us to innovate and push the boundaries of our screening technologies. As a Developer at Vero Screening you'll be essential in us delivering on our technology strategy by developing, testing, and deploying web applications in an enterprise environment and be pivotal in building market leading products that set us apart from competitors.
You'll be part of a collaborative and supportive team. So, you'll fit right in if you:
* Are passionate about technology and want to be part of an organisation committed to excellence, at the forefront of change.
* Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have a forward-thinking approach.
* Want to grow Azure & .Net knowledge and make a mark on some exciting and important projects.
* Are a strong and collaborative worker who can manage and build effective relationships.
* Are analytical and logical with good problem-solving skills.
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
* To have worked as a commercial Developer for more than 2 years, in a product lead environment using Agile Scrum methodologies.
* Programming experience, preferably C# with working knowledge of developing .Net Core applications.
* Front-end experience, React JS and knowledge of HTML, CSS & JS.
* SQL Database experience, with an understanding of DB structure, optimisation, and query creation (Azure SQL or MS SQL).
* A good understanding of source control (Git).
Kowledge and experience which is useful but not essential includes working with Azure Cloud including application/infrastructure monitoring, Azure Resource Manager Implementations, building PowerShell scripts and test-driving development/ implementing automated test solutions.
Why work for Vero?
* It's our driving ambition to create value in everything we do
* We listen, learn, and make smart decisions
* We attract positive and engaged employees, who embrace our respectful and supportive culture
* And we're committed to nurturing our talent and seeing our people flourish
* We embrace challenges and actively seek out opportunities to excel.
We're the largest independent employment screening company in the UK with a significant international service capability. And we've worked hard to establish our reputation for excellence in service and technology. Our clients see us as both a critical supplier and a close partner, working collaboratively with their HR teams to onboard their new employees quickly and compliantly. Founded in 2006, we've kept pace with sweeping changes in legislation, regulation and technology during that time. There's more to employment screening than you might think and there's plenty of exciting change on the horizon.
The important basics
Vero Screening recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role.
A basic criminal record check with DBS will be required for all successful applicants, having a criminal record will not necessarily bar you from working with us. This will depend on the nature of the position and the circumstances of your offences.
You may have experience of the following: .Net Software Developer, .NET Developer, Software Developer, Software Engineer, Developer, Software Architecture, Software Development, Web Developer, Dot Net, C# .Net, etc