We have a great opportunity based at Kettering campus for a Lecturer in Health and Social Care to become a key member of our Care, Childcare and Counselling department.
As a Lecturer in Health and Social Care, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying subject specialisms on a range of courses and levels.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students' learning and provide a high quality learning experience.
- Contributing pro-actively to developments in the Centre in curriculum development and innovative teaching.
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities to support a range of programmes and learning opportunities.
Our ideal candidates will have recent experience of teaching and assessing on a range programmes and levels and knowledge of the current developments in own specialist area, alongside the following qualifications:
Lecturers / TeachersNo Teaching Qualification? No problem
- Degree or equivalent in related subject area
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
- Vocational background in Health and Social care
- Certificate in Education ( or willing to work towards)
, with significant industry or subject knowledge, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group, we will enrol you on a Level 5 Apprenticeshi, for more information and to understand whether the training would be right for you, see Level 5 Apprenticeship document.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.Terms and Conditions - Bedford College
The Bedford College Group is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
- 25.9 hours per week (0.7 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 35 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Salary and benefits will vary for offers where enrolment on the L5 Teaching Apprenticeship is required.
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group may conduct our interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information will be available at interview stage.