Role: Strategic Lead - Stakeholder RelationshipsAbout Pearson
We are the world's learning company with more than 20,000 employees where we serve people in the community (nearly 200 countries). We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalised learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people. At Pearson, we're committed to a world that's always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From shaping lessons of the future, to taking assessment of learning online, we are always re-examining the way people teach, tutor and learn best. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology-and each other to surpass these boundaries-we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.?
At Pearson, we believe in the power of difference. Harnessing the unique skills, perspectives, and backgrounds of every employee helps us foster innovation and create the most effective solutions for learners around the world. That's why we're committed to ensuring that diversity and inclusion are embedded into everything we do. We foster a work environment that's inclusive and diverse and where our people can be themselves so we can reflect the customers and learners we serve.
Pearson is regularly featured on the Forbes list of Best Employers and we are recognised in the Best Employers for Diversity 2019 awards. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO)
Pearson is delighted to be committed to the Race Charter, and to be confirmed by Stonewall in the Top 100 Employers LGBTQ+ in the UK. We are a Disability Confident committed employer and were recognised in the Best Employers for Diversity 2019 awards. We are featured on The Forbes list of Best D&I Employers and are a Working Mums Top Employer and Age Positive employer. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York Stock Exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO). We are proud to offer an exceptional and supportive environment to develop your professional career.Job Purpose
This role is based within Pearson Workforce Skills vertical - in the Performance Zone. Pearson delivers career and skill-based qualifications and services in more than 50 countries, but we believe we are just scratching the surface in terms of meeting demand.
Our customer always comes first - be that the students who wants to develop their future success through education - Governments who are seeking to effectively skill their population - and employers and providers.
This post plays a pivotal role in driving the growth of Pearson's Workforce Skills qualifications and services, both within the UK and internationally, positioning Pearson as an organisation dedicated to addressing the employability skills gap.
Possessing excellent commercial skills, coupled with a good understanding of market, competitor analysis and customer needs, you will drive the growth of our portfolio; identifying emerging opportunities, leading on partnerships which drive the growth and expansion. Your excellent communication skills and innate passion for whatever you do will also enable you to champion the Pearson and Workforce Skills brand with both internal and external stakeholders.?
The main aspects of the role are:
Main responsibilities:1. Insight
- This role is responsible for leading and driving stakeholder engagement and recognition of our products and services, in order to deliver value for our learners and grow our business
- Working closely with colleagues both in the UK and across our key business territories, you will proactively identify key stakeholders and opportunities - including Government and regulators, employers, professional bodies and universities to ensure that our qualifications, products and services are recognised and valued.
- Develop an international stakeholder and recognition strategy, which supports our strategy for growth
- Liaison with colleagues across Pearson, including Government Relations and Global Corporate Marketing and Communications teams, to ensure an open and transparent flow of information sharing and opportunities for Pearson
2. Strategy and financial management
- Collaborate with colleagues to establish a good understanding of Government, regulator, customer and learner needs in key markets
- For key markets, develop detailed insights in terms of key stakeholders and requirements for recognition
- Develop and maintain stakeholder engagement systems and structures
- Be the expert on key stakeholder requirements and opportunities - supporting across Workforce Skills and the broader Pearson
- Contribute to the development of our strategic objectives and 5-year plan, bringing your insight into market opportunities and key stakeholder drivers for success
- Horizon scan for contract opportunities which support our objectives, and where relevant lead on the development and management of such projects
- Be collectively responsible for the delivery of our ambitious targets
- Develop and deliver detailed stakeholder and partnership strategies which align with our strategic objectives and support our business ambitions
- Working with the Strategic Lead - Business Performance, ensure effective financial performance is embedded and delivered in all partnerships and alliances secured
- Be accountable for the business performance of partnership contracts, working with relevant colleagues
- Working with Marketing colleagues, ensure that relevant stakeholder and partnerships are communicated effectively internally and externally
- Work collaboratively collegiately with colleagues across Pearson to share insights and respond to opportunities
- Manage a team - with a focus on talent development, high performance, well-being, equality, diversity and inclusion
Our Successful CandidatePersonal Style and Behaviour
- Effectively manage stakeholder events
- Represent Pearson in meetings with stakeholders
You will be self-reliant, flexible and responsive; hard working, organised, enthusiastic and able to juggle multiple prioritie