Food Quality ManagerHybrid - Burton on TrentRole Purpose:
Reporting into the Food Purchasing Director, as Food Quality Manager your key purpose will be to support Greene King's Technical & Purchasing Functions. You will also have the Food Quality Analyst as your direct report.Key Responsibilities:
- Routinely review Greene King food quality and report findings through weekly surveillance (both planned & re-active)
- Manage a schedule for microbiological testing across high-risk products.
- Implement processes/systems to ensure that all suppliers to Greene King adhere to the quality aspects of the Technical Policy (i.e. ensure QAS is signed off against agreed product).
- Monitor & report on supplier performance in regard to our technical policy.
- Monitor customer feedback & complaints, advising and making recommendations with regards to food quality issues arising from these reports.
- Work with the Food Development and Purchasing teams to ensure food quality is consistent throughout supply.
- Attend first production on all new products bespoke to Greene King.
- Conduct manufacturing site visits where food quality has failed surveillance.
- Provide periodic reports to internal stakeholders on the performance of suppliers with regards to food quality.
- Ensure adherence to quality KPIs, identify deviations from targets and escalate challenges to relevant departments/suppliers
This role would suit someone with a strong background in product surveillance/auditing who is used to communicating at all levels and able to build strong relationships with our suppliers and internal stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be encouraged to learn aspects of the Technical function of the business in order to develop the role of Food Quality Manager further.
You will also expected to hold the following qualifications:RSPH Foundation (Level 2) in HACCP for Food ManufacturingInternal AuditingFood Safety - Intermediate Level 3
#LI-TR1 #LI-HYBRIDWho are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.We care
about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.We take ownership
and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.We win, learn and celebrate together
- Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your teamWhat you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Company incentive plan and private medical insurance
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!