We are the world's learning company with more than 20,000 employees where we serve people in the community (nearly 200 countries).?We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and?personalised?learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.?At Pearson, we're committed to a world that's always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From?shaping lessons of the future,?to?taking?assessment of learning?online, we are always re-examining the way people?teach, tutor and?learn best. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us?to?always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology-and each other to surpass these boundaries-we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world's innovations, personal and global, large and small.
At Pearson, we believe in the power of difference. Harnessing the unique skills, perspectives, and backgrounds of every employee helps us foster innovation and create the most effective solutions for learners around the world. That's why we're committed to ensuring that diversity and inclusion are embedded into everything we do. We foster a work environment that's inclusive and diverse and where our people can be themselves so we can reflect the customers and learners we serve.?
Pearson is regularly featured on the Forbes list of Best?Employers?and we are?recognised?in the Best Employers for Diversity 2019 awards. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York stock exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
Pearson is delighted to be committed to the Race Charter, and to be confirmed by Stonewall in the Top 100 Employers LGBTQ+ in the UK. We are a Disability Confident committed employer and were recognised in the Best Employers for Diversity 2019 awards. We are featured on The Forbes list of Best D&I Employers and are a Working Mums Top Employer and Age Positive employer. Pearson is listed on both the London and New York Stock Exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).?We are proud to offer an exceptional and supportive environment to develop your professional career.The Role
The role focuses on enhancing our data and reporting capabilities for HE International businesses.
We are looking for hands-on data and analytics specialist who can help HE International better leverage the power of our data assets, increase our ability to reliably predict the future using data, and help shape, scale, and build our analytics capabilities within the organisation.
The role will help build a cross-integrated view of our data points that otherwise are disparate, siloed, and under-utilised - to drive business growth.
The role requires a strong analytical background, a curious mindset, and the ability to interact, challenge and influence credibly at all levels.
The role will have touchpoints across many different parts of the organisation and will often require navigating complexity that exist within our enterprise - in the form of structures, systems and platforms, and processes.Key Responsibilities
- Create visibility of our business through dashboarding and reporting.
- Develop analytics and data solutions to support both at tactical and strategic levels.
- Work with the business users to synthesise results and data points with a clear point of view to enable fact-based decision-making.
- Work closely with other teams in the organisation to leverage enterprise infrastructure and architecture to scale business and data initiatives conforming to the security, privacy, and business policies.
- Being an active member of the data community helping both business and fellow data community members advance and enhance our view and use of data.
- Strong knowledge of data, analytics, and automation
- Experience and proficiency in data engineering principles
- Proficient in Tableau (or any other Visualisation tool), KNIME / Alteryx Designer and Server, SQL, Excel. Python / R - an advantage.
- Experience of working with enterprise scale systems - preferably Oracle, Salesforce
- Understanding of cloud architecture such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Extensive experience of working with very large datasets, building analytics and insights solutions
- Extensive experience of data visualisation and executive reporting
- Experience of leading or contributing to large and complex projects
- Strong business acumen and financial literacy
- Excellent verbal & written and presentation communication skills
Your Reward & Benefits
- Educated to Degree-level or equivalent preferably in a numerate subject. Master's degree - an advantage.
We'll expect a lot and we know you'll do great work, so we give a lot back with some of the best benefits in the business. We know that one size doesn't fit all, so our workplace programmes meet the different needs of our diverse teams and their families too. There is a range of options, too many to list here, but when you join our Pearson family you can look forward to:
Our Recruitment Process
- A starting holiday of 25 days plus UK public holidays and you'll earn 1 additional day's holiday per year you work with us.
- Generous pension scheme where we match and double what you contribute.
- Maternity, paternity, and family care leave as well as flexible work policies.
- Stock/share purchase options.
- Healthcare and dental plans, and an employee wellbeing assistance programme for you and your family to help balance work, family and personal life.
Please complete and submit your application as soon as possible and ensure that you apply directly on our Pearson Careers website only.
We are reviewing applications as they come in, therefore we encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible. Wishing you success with your application!
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose - to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and g