Android Developer - Mid/SeniorJob Type:
Permanent Work From Home:
1-2 Days per month in the office (Vauxhall)Start Date:
Flexible - In line with your notice period We are currently searching for a Android Developer to join a rapidly growing FinTech in Vauxhall, their mobile application already has 50,000 active users.
We are now looking for an experienced Senior Android Engineer who is passionate about technology and eager to solve complex problems. You will be expected you to have a clear understanding of design patterns, architecture types and apply SOLID principles as part of your daily work.
You will be playing a fundamental role in our continued migration into MVVM and Hilt, as well as being part of our exciting journey into abstracting and modularising the project to be able to provide white-labelling solutions with ease.
As the company grows, the scalability of the app and architectural improvements required to build a robust application are now a key focus of the team. In the Android team we believe on empowering our customers through technology, that's why we have weekly sessions to discuss the latest trends and how we can apply them to create a better experience, some examples of this are the added support for Google Pay, Google Assistant, Dark Theme and Android Widgets.
- RxJava or Coroutines and Dagger or Hilt
- Kotlin, the Android SDK, Android Studio and best engineering practices
- Working in agile environment using Scrum
- Working within a cross functional mobile team (Android/iOS)
- Writing tests- (unit test, integration test, UI test etc.)
- Experience with Java/Android design patterns (MVP, MVVM)
- Experience with best practices in mobile design (human interface guidelines, threading, bandwidth considerations etc.)
- Experience working with CI/CD
- Experience with Git or other similar distributed SCM systems
- Good understanding of REST and messaging platforms
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Proactive problem solver
You might also have:
For more information please contact Charlie Warren
- A Github/Stack Overflow/app portfolio!
- Fintech experience
- Active participation in tech meet-ups
- Experience using Navigation libraries
- Experience with flavour and whitelabeling
- Experience working with multi module apps
- Experience using NodeJS
- Worked with Design System
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.